Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Soon swamped in satellites

gorann

They are getting very faint now, this is my latest video taken a couple of days ago and most of the satellites are mag 7 unless they’re flaring which will happen a lot less in winter, the faintest stars in the video are about mag 10.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The Admiral said:

Is this place for real? How sad if it is, it needs someone to love it again!

Ian

Wondered that too - but it looks like a diorama to me, or an odd photo effect.

An extract and image from the IDSA statement on the impact of Starlink on the night sky:

An image of the NGC 5353/4 galaxy group made with a telescope at Lowell Observatory in Arizona, U.S., on the night of Saturday, May 25, 2019. The diagonal lines running across the image are light trails left by the Starlink satellite group as it passed through the telescope’s field of view. Image courtesy of Victoria Girgis (Lowell Observatory).

From my point of view (literally), the question is how many subs will be affected in any given imaging session. Quite a few if/when all 12000 are up there.

6E94F2DB-0E45-4F5D-9AE5-D59A64427902.jpeg

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, tomato said:

And a long  FL refractor and a PC on the desk, maybe  he/she was a planetary imager...

clearly a solar observer. It's daytime and the dome shutter is open

• Like 1