Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CCDSPEC Spectrometer - choosing an eyepiece

I am quite excited about this new Meade Illuminated 9mm eyepiece – it has adjustment screws which can Chang ether XY position of the cross hairs and allow me to align the cross hairless exactly over the spectrometer slit on my CCDSPEC spectrometer overcoming a problem I have using it at Night – the fact that i can’t see where the slit is in the dark!! Up until now I have relied on the fact that a star separates into a small spectrum when it reaches the slit but this can be hit and miss at Night.

I have tried 12.5mm illuminated eyepiece without adjustment – that is OK but the cross hairs are not quite on the slit so still can be difficult in practice getting single star in correct position.

Can’t wait to try this out under the stars….

For more details see https://roslistonastronomy.uk/new-illuminated-eyepiece-for-ccdspec-spectrometer

Andy

80A76E73-0D6C-4607-8CEB-EBAFB0D46BF4.jpeg

7637C452-0D67-4C90-8542-0DCD5E5B1868.jpeg

440702CD-18AB-465E-B76D-C980EF2E4F51.jpeg

AFDA432A-B78A-457E-903F-32D0898237DF.jpeg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...