Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ASI6200MMpro 60Mp Full Frame CMOS mono.......

gorann

I just stumbled on this camera being advertised on the OPT site and they take pre orders. When I googled it I see that OPT may have indicated a price of 5000 USD at some point (see attached screen dump) but on the OPT site no price is now given.

https://optcorp.com/products/zwo-asi6200mm-p

Does anyone know anything more about this camera? Seems like the one many have waited for.....

Skärmavbild 2019-05-22 kl. 12.50.27.png

Edited by gorann

On 22/05/2019 at 13:36, JamesF said:

Some speculation about it here:

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/655834-anyone-know-anything-about-this-notional-new-16-bit-adc-zwo-cam/

but nothing much concrete.  Sounds like it's still relatively early in the development stage.

James

Interesting thread. Like some say there, most of us would probably be more interested in an APS-C sized mono CMOS due to the cost of filters for a full frame chip (and need for scopes with large image circles). According to that CN thread, ZWO have said that square 2" filters are recommended and that would probably cost as much as the camera if not more. 60Mp is also a bit over the top but it can of course be software binned.

On 24/05/2019 at 09:25, gorann said:

Interesting thread. Like some say there, most of us would probably be more interested in an APS-C sized mono CMOS due to the cost of filters for a full frame chip (and need for scopes with large image circles). According to that CN thread, ZWO have said that square 2" filters are recommended and that would probably cost as much as the camera if not more. 60Mp is also a bit over the top but it can of course be software binned.

The think to remember is that if you currently have a large format camera using 2 inch filters you will only have to crop this new camera to the same size as your old one in order to use your old filters with it....that is probably not a huge crop either.

Personally I expect this to kill off large format CCD cameras.

Edited by Adam J