Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss.thumb.jpg.5b348d6a5e7f27bdcb79e9356b7fc03b.jpg

ruskclark

Orion Nebula With a Star Adventurer

This is a recent edit of data I collected back in January. Image is taken with a Canon 450Da and Canon EF L 70-200mm f/2.8 lens sitting on a Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer. It’s quite a large crop from a 200mm frame. 25 x 3 min guided subs. Stacked in SiriL and processed in Photoshop. Image taken in Northumberland under Bortle 3 skies. 

9E683797-74C0-429C-AAAA-F9A6910B6D77.jpeg

• Like 16

Would be interesting to see the full frame.

• Like 3

I'll put it up when I'm home. It won't quite match as when I edited the above I did it from scratch after cropping the area of interest I wanted to concentrate on so the look and feel is different.

On 21/05/2019 at 19:43, bobro said:

Would be interesting to see the full frame.

Here’s the full frame. 

AB2A07E3-8766-4974-8E59-340DB73E453D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Quite lovely and the (candifloss) nebulosity is great.  Rotated left 90 degrees provides a view easier to appreciate on a computer screen. Makes me want to dig out the 135mm lens I purchased a while back to try a bit of wider field - but never got round to doing!

• Like 1

Yeah, this is the version that was on my phone that I use for my screen wallpaper 😂

Was really pleased to get such a good result out of the Star Adventurer. 

This looks amazing! Pushes me towards getting a star adventurer as my goto system seems to have a mind of it's own lately, it's amazing the difference tracking can make!

• Thanks 1

Thanks a lot, love this frame of Orion and 3min subs at 200mm really is achievable with the Star Adventurer. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jjosefsen
      The Needle in RGB
      A beautiful edge on spiral galaxy in the constellation Coma Berenices, around 38,5 million LY from earth.
      Investigations with the Spitzer IR telescope suggests that the galaxy may actually be a barred spiral galaxy with an inner ring as well.
      --------
      Finally got around to processing my data on NGC 4565 from March.
      This was one of my "test projects" from this year, where I only shot R-G-B and created a synthetic luminance master from those frames.
      I think that the most efficient way is still to shoot pure luminance and then just enough R-G-B to get the color you want. Unless one is imaging star clusters, then I think it is totally fine to skip luminance altogether and get as much color data as possible.
      I will try to do a "super luminance" where I add the R-G-B frames to the luminance stack at some point as well.
      Shot with my Hypercam 183m V2 and totalling aroung 4,2 hours of data.
      More info here: https://www.astrobin.com/412663/B/
      Comments and critique is always welcome.

I decided  to put this post in "Getting started with imaging" as it may be interresting for beginners thinking if luminance is worth it.
    • By starcorral
      My club's Atlas is stuck on the date 11/13/2099.   Last night was 6/28/2019.  Every time I reset the date and started the 3 star alignment the scope chose Vega and then pointed to the western sky - sorta wonky.  When I tried a second star it aimed at a totally wrong part of the sky.  I went back to date and it had reset to the11/13/2099 date.  The mount has a working GPS module.   I went through all the menus and there was no place other than the " sub menu to attempt to replace the errant date.  After five tries I gave up.   Apparently the GPS was accurate to withing a stride or two.  What should I try next?   I know my club; they'd rather stuff it in a corner than take the time or money to fix it.  So it will be m time and my money.  I used the mount several times this year and had no problem.
    • By eshy76
      Hi everyone - it's been a while! 
      This has been on my hard drive for almost 2 months and I finally got round to processing it...it was quite optimistic of me to try and image this from my Bortle 7-8 back garden, but I gave it a go! While the nebula itself is clear to see, all those gorgeous dust clouds surrounding it were extremely hard for me to capture from my location without a lot more integration time. I think I'll head to dark skies to capture this one next time, along with some more focal length!
      LRGB shot with ASI1600MM Pro and WO Z73. 2.9 hours of integration time.
      Full details here.
      Thanks for looking!

• By Bellatrix2
      Greetings,
      I'm super happy to have found this forum of night sky enthusiasts and look forward to learning and sharing on this site! I am an amateur stargazer fortunate to live in a rural area with great dark skies. I'm used to using a GoTo Celestron.
      Unfortunately I'm having a problem with a newly purchased Orion SkyQuest XTg 10. 
      I've only used it a couple of times. Recently, when I turn on the power, the hand controller (a SynScan V4 GoTo, version 04.39.04) states a message "Both axes...no response!" which means the motors won't work. 
      I've unplugged all the cords & replugged to no avail. The power comes from a new Orion Dynamo Pro, 12 V, Lithium Power Supply which was recommended.
      Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?
      Thank you 🌟
    • By Saj_37uk
      Looking for the 2" low profile extension tube that is provided with most of the skywatcher scopes. I have a used 190MN that didn't come with the extension tube and need it to get accurate focus. 

I believe Orion scopes may have one too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.