Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

ruskclark

Orion Nebula With a Star Adventurer

This is a recent edit of data I collected back in January. Image is taken with a Canon 450Da and Canon EF L 70-200mm f/2.8 lens sitting on a Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer. It’s quite a large crop from a 200mm frame. 25 x 3 min guided subs. Stacked in SiriL and processed in Photoshop. Image taken in Northumberland under Bortle 3 skies. 

9E683797-74C0-429C-AAAA-F9A6910B6D77.jpeg

• Like 16

Would be interesting to see the full frame.

• Like 3

I'll put it up when I'm home. It won't quite match as when I edited the above I did it from scratch after cropping the area of interest I wanted to concentrate on so the look and feel is different.

On 21/05/2019 at 19:43, bobro said:

Would be interesting to see the full frame.

Here’s the full frame. 

AB2A07E3-8766-4974-8E59-340DB73E453D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Quite lovely and the (candifloss) nebulosity is great.  Rotated left 90 degrees provides a view easier to appreciate on a computer screen. Makes me want to dig out the 135mm lens I purchased a while back to try a bit of wider field - but never got round to doing!

• Like 1

Yeah, this is the version that was on my phone that I use for my screen wallpaper 😂

Was really pleased to get such a good result out of the Star Adventurer. 

This looks amazing! Pushes me towards getting a star adventurer as my goto system seems to have a mind of it's own lately, it's amazing the difference tracking can make!

• Thanks 1

Thanks a lot, love this frame of Orion and 3min subs at 200mm really is achievable with the Star Adventurer. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rorymultistorey
      So I picked up a classic... a 1970's - 80's edmund optics f6 150mm newtonian...

... like this one but mine has a different mount. It was cheap. Very good condition. The focuser is pants. The mechanics of the secondary holder is (IMHO) brilliant and apparently the primary is 1/10th wave.
      But its f6 and I trhink I'd rather swap it out for a faster synta f5 mirror. .  The thing is its a one shot job bc to make the f5 mirror work I will have to saw off a good few cm from the barrel of the scope.
      So the question is: Is a high quality f6 mirror better than a faster synta f5 mirror for wide deep space astrophotograhy?

All comments gratefully received. 😉 
    • By redhat
      Hello everyone,
      Bit of a backround: I've been a keen stargazer when in my teenage years, then couldn't pursuit my passion, but recently, in my forties, it hit me again, as I moved  and life is good (South facing large garden, obstructed only from the North by our house, but then I just move the scope further and viola!). Started with 90mm refractor, but was always thinking of reflector.
      Long story short, I've got my SkyWatcher Star Discovery 150P GOTO a week ago. Bought it second hand, very good condition, and good mirror. Have got two nights stargazing, cought cold and I AM LOVING IT.
      Now I would like to get me a nice wide angle ep for DSO spotting.
      The scope is 150mm / 750mm f5. I've done some reading obviously, and Explore Scientific 82 degree series have all good reviews and fit within my budget. I can afford only one, and apparently  the best for DSOs is the one that gives 2mm exit pupil. Now, for my scope that would be 10mm piece, and that is not within ES 82 degree range, so it's down to 11mm (2.2mm exit pupil) or 8.8mm (1.76mm exit pupil).
      My question is: which one would be better for my rediscovered passion? I'm gonna be using that ep for faint mostly.
      Thanks to  everyone in advance for any kind advise.

• By smisy
      I just try to show the beauty of the night sky, and again the possibilities with a smartphone. There are already better applications at the google play to make the night lapse easy. At first I used the Gif maker pro. It's a good app to edit the frames, before creating video, but you can't save the videos in good quality. Now I use the TimeLab app (same developer, as Intervalometer app), in the editing it has not so many options, but with this app you can save the videos in 4K too, or full HD. This video is 360 frames (each 30 sec exposition at ISO 800) Huawei P10 monochrome camera, Intervalometer app, TimeLab app. Pictures taken in Kleinwalsertal, Austria 2019. 09. 23-24.  (The video is full HD, I don't know, why, but it doesn't run continuesly on my PC, when I watch that back on SGL. I hope, on your monitors you can enjoy it!)
      VID_timelab_20190924054735.mp4 VID_timelab_20190924054735.mp4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.