SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lightweight tripod for 4Kg shorttube refractor

Sorry if my first post is on the dumb side. 

I'm in the process of putting together an imaging set up, but due to the learning curve (and cost) I'm doing this bit by bit as I think this will best prepare me for the 'fun' ahead.  Anyhow, I've managed to acquire (when delivered) a WO 81mm APO Triplet (courtesy of this great forum) and was planning on adding a mount (probably an HEQ5pro or equivalent) towards the back end of the year.  However, I've booked a cottage up in the North Yorkshire moors in August and thought it would be nice to take the scope up with a basic photo tripod for some visual obs.  Could anyone recommend something suitable, it doesn't need to be capable of anything other than reasonably jiggle free visuals - both night time and daytime.   Thanks, Mart

This AZ5 would meet your requirements with just a little room to spare as it is rated for 5kg:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/alt-azimuth/sky-watcher-az5-deluxe-alt-azimuth-mount.html

If you really want a photo tripod, remember that you need a beefy one and also some form of fine control that can handle the weight of the telescope with diagonal etcetera.