Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best software to capture a mounts PE

Hello everyone!

Just looking for pointers on best way/software or alternative to capture raw data for my (HEQ5 Pro) mount? I have a Lynx Astro FTDI EQDIR USB Adapter cable, just looking at pointers for grabbing the data :)

I want to build some charts from the raw data so if I have an easy reliable way of grabbing the data I can build the charts.

Much obliged as always.

Best way to get raw data would be any software that does guiding / monitors star position, can produce logs and can have it's guide output disabled :D

Phd2 falls into this category. I'm sure MetaGuide can do it as well.

PERecorder has trouble with some versions of Windows - just crashes. I was not able to use it on Windows7 nor Windows10.

EQMod will create PEC in realtime from guide commands, but I'm not sure you can access raw data from it.

Phd2 + PecPrep for loading and analysis, as well as export of PEC curve, or other forms of data is probably best option.

• Thanks 1