SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

It never ends!

Littleguy80

As far as aperture fever goes... I'm cured. My 8 inch SCT is realistically as high as I can go and still carry the scope. 

EP's I have a nice selection which I didn't have to sell body parts for. 

For solar observing, I have a Quark Chromosphere. Cant get any better.

Yeah I'm done buying. I have about 13k invested in astro gear including DSLR, bins, and all the other stuff.

Don't use it much.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

As far as aperture fever goes... I'm cured. My 8 inch SCT is realistically as high as I can go and still carry the scope. 

EP's I have a nice selection which I didn't have to sell body parts for. 

For solar observing, I have a Quark Chromosphere. Cant get any better.

Yeah I'm done buying. I have about 13k invested in astro gear including DSLR, bins, and all the other stuff.

Don't use it much.

Thanks for sharing your investment. I Just did a quick tot up I have about 7.5K or more invested.  Dread to think about the 'cost per view' based on the number of clear nights available in the UK let alone the light pollution in my garden and I don't even have a quark or Ha scope yet. 

Steve

• Like 2

I’ve had my eyepiece collection completed for about 4 years with exception of a Meade 56mm plossl bought this year to try some afocal night vision experiments with (that have been successful, so a good investment).

I bought a used Startravel 150 refractor this year to replace the last scope I purchased used about 4 years ago also. It was an Astro-Telescopes AR152 v.1 which is a 25lb OTA. The new to me Startravel is a more reasonable 13 lbs for bare OTA. Going to sell the 152 refractor. I can only manage a 6” scope anymore and about 15 lbs for OTA. Back is shot from multiple injuries.

Can’t really see any new purchases needed. Maybe a newer high spec Intensifier for one of my Night Vision eyepieces that still has an older tube in it, but definitely no hurry on that.

I know there are some newer lines of eyepieces that are better than what I have but I really like the ones I have now and see no urgency for a replacement. My high power scope is a mak 150 I’ve had about seven years and is pretty forgiving on eyepieces.

The Night Vision eyepieces cured my aperture fever. They really show a lot in a little scope. Even from Bortle 7 backyard skies.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve purchased the Nagler Zoom and very nice it is too. On agreeing the purchase, I put myself on a 12 step program. Today is my eighth day of NOT looking on AstroBuySell. I think I’m through the worst of the withdrawal. I even found myself thinking that’s there’s nothing I really need now. Maybe I’m cured or maybe I’m just saving up for H-Alpha scope. Only time will tell 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Littleguy80 said:

I even found myself thinking that’s there’s nothing I really need now. Maybe I’m cured or maybe I’m just saving up for H-Alpha scope. Only time will tell 😁

Congrats on the nag zoom Neil and the discipline for not looking at ABS for eight solid days. Might be a bit optimistic, I'm not sure that there is a cure? I had recently capitulated and purchased a used Tele Vue Starbeam after a quite lengthy period of abstinence. Typically so far unused.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, scarp15 said:

Congrats on the nag zoom Neil and the discipline for not looking at ABS for eight solid days. Might be a bit optimistic, I'm not sure that there is a cure? I had recently capitulated and purchased a used Tele Vue Starbeam after a quite lengthy period of abstinence. Typically so far unused.

Thanks Iain. I fear you may be right and a relapse is inevitable. The Starbeam looks a nice but pricey piece of kit. Thanks goodness for the secondhand market!

• Like 1