Narrowband

Belt of Venus time lapse

Noting the other BoV panorama...

...I thought I'd post this.  It is now part of a 'Swaledale Night Sky' presentation that I do to various audiences.  Taken in April.

Canon 6D MkII, Sigma 24mm.  Using 4K time lapse feature with fixed exposure, ISO & aperture settings.  VSDC for editing.  There is audio.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, davew said:

What does it sit in front of in the presentation ?

Hi Dave

The current format takes the audience through what can be seen through the 4 seasons.  Brief explanation as to why this changes, earth's orbit, location in Milky Way...

I use a combination of stills and time lapse many with reference points to the northern Yorkshire Dales where I live.   Also a dark skies and light pollution pitch.

This is after a wider field vid showing the onset of darkness and stars coming out over our village (though it needs a better version).  I then go onto the seasons finishing with the current at the date of the talk.

Cheers.

Paul

• Like 1