Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A night of astronomy in Stone in Oxney

DirkSteele

My wife's family gifted us a weekend away in a wonderful little cottage in Stone in Oxney in Kent.  Despite a wet Saturday day time, the forecast for the evening and night looked very promising so I took long my 4.5" refractor.  It proved to be a night of globular clusters and a few surprises.  Observing report on the link below:

http://alpha-lyrae.co.uk/2019/05/18/a-night-of-astronomy-in-stone-in-oxney-in-kent/

Telescope-2.jpg.f0d4dadb8c4f767587b3721f2132de20.jpg

The scope all set up and ready to go, with not a cloud in sight.

Clear Skies!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, John said:

That was a nice read Matthew - thanks for posting the link to it :smiley:

Have you managed to use the 130mm F/9.2 LZOS yet ?

If my 130 were alive it would be convinced I don’t like it. I have probably managed about 6 hours with it since taking delivery. The reality is the last 8 months have been a bit of a disaster for astronomy. First I ended up in hospital (all better now) and since then work has been super busy such that I have only stargazed I think 4 times this year. I suspect that is why I have written up two of those sessions to feel like I am doing a bit more astronomy than I really am.

Luckily though a holiday to an island off the coast of Mozambique is coming up and my FC-76 is coming so hopefully that will make up for some lost time.