Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7023

Brian28

This was the first image taken over the last week , shot Saturday ,Sunday and finished Monday 

147 x 300 second subs LRGB 

total integration time of 12.25 hrs 

180 flats 

30darks

30bias 

processed in APP and PS 

i would like to get some more definition in the dust , any suggestions ?  

NGC7023  b .jpg

Edited by Brian28
  • Like 8

Hi Brian,

A really nice image; love the framing and I especially like the blues in the core region. NGC7023 is one of my favourite objects to image although my past efforts have hardly done it justice.

I hate to be critical but there seem to be some strange 'linear' bands extending from the top of the image down toward the bottom; they are especially noticable on the left of the core. It's almost as if they are radial and the centre is way off to the top of the image. It might be my MacBook display or my eyes! I've looked at a few other images (e.g. APOD) to see if I can see the same thing but no joy. I am afraid I have no idea what might be causing them and unless someone else points them out maybe it is just me.

Thanks for sharing.

Adrian

Edited by Adreneline
Correction

Its something on the Luminance master .. I will have to reprocess it again and see if it goes .. so it's not your MacBook ! ..  

Edited by Brian28

has anyone any idea about these off vertical bands radiating from the centre ? the filter is a Chroma Luminance . 

St-avg-10800.0s-SC_1_3.0_none-x_1.0_LZ3-NS-full-eq-add-sc_BWMV_nor-AAD-RL-noMBB-Luminance-lpc-St.jpg

Edited by Brian28