SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

How to fight the Dust in EFW?

RolandKol

Hi guys,

Has anyone come across a Dust problem in ZWO EFW?

Not sure what I have done wrong, - 1 month ago I have checked the setup, it was just some dust (acceptable level) after almost 8 months of use,

but yesterday... I removed my camera again and my jaw has dropped.... Insane amount.... not sure why.... 1 month ago, I just checked all the filters visually, I have not unscrewed anything...

Insane... Is there any way to seal the EFW body completely? Silicone maybe? :)

My setup ZWO 1600mm, ZWO EFW, 11mm extension ring, ZWO OAG, CC.  It looks like it should be sealed... but not...

Sorry, I have not made a picture,

But I saw the dust on the filters directly, - not on the images (of-course, they are also present on images)....

So it is 100% present and in enormous scale... Mechanism works flawlessly, plus the dues is quite bright, - metal/plastic would be black as the EFW body.

I will put all a part during this week, clean it... and check how it goes for next month... 

really disturbing...

Edited by RolandKol

Very strange.  I just don't seem to suffer from dust on filters.  I do open the EFW indoors in a low dust area though when changing filters or camera/scope/lens.