Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What is the true colour of M104 Sombrero galaxy?

gorann

9 minutes ago, gorann said:

Yes, the data is the same (not much data by the way just 30 min of DSLR). In my original stretch it came out with a yellowish galaxy. Then I turned it towards blue using Lab colour curves in PS, which is the second version. Then I run both versions through Photometric Color Calibration in PI and afterwards they were both slightly changed but still very different so obviously that PI procedure did not "standardise" them to a known colour of the galaxy. Maybe it standardised the star colours but it clearly did something also to the galxy but it did not make the galaxy look the same in both versions.

Yes, like already mentioned - PI calibration needs to be done on linear data - try it if you still have the data in linear form - prior to any stretch.

@vlaiv I am probably the furthest from an academic that one could be, I therefore am a practical Man that looks at the shortest route to get a good result without the mathematics, you are naturally a highly intelligent individual that excels at the complexities of a subject, so forgive me if I don't/can't question your thinking, for me I look at my results.

I've just finished processing M13, I have done no colour calibration whatsoever, but I am rather pleased with the star colours which I attribute to G2V, I therefore rest my case because it is easier to show examples than discuss the maths, but I do thank-you for trying to explain to a simpleton 🙂

Here's a link to my M13 that I have just posted: -

Edited by Jkulin
typos