Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heq5 Pro Motherboard

Pluto1948

HI 

I need some quick advice on the following what is the best method of replacing the motherboard on my HEQ5 Pro mount, a few nights ago I had the following message displayed on my Hand controller  Caution  " no response on both axes " which when I looked on the net meant that the motherboard had gone faulty, so I have to replace it but to do this it looks like I will have to take out the two motors, can anybody tell me if this is the case or has anyone done this before.

George

Hi George,

First, you may be lucky with just a faulty handset cable. If you can find a standard Cat5 or Cat6 Ethernet cable (also called "ethernet patch cable") it will be a perfect replacement (I use one all the time). Just make sure (very sure) that it is a "straight wired" cable, and not "crossed" wired.  If no success with another cable, try nudging the plugs (handset and mount) to see if there is just a bad contact for some reason. And if you can borrow another handset, you can make sure if yours is ok.

The last option would be to buy a replacement motherboard. That was my situation a few years ago, and after removing the motors it was easy to swap the board with just two screws holding it.

One thing that is very likely to kill the MB is a sloppy 12V power supply plug so make sure you have a solid connection there.

Ragnar

EDIT: You can find my power plug fixes here

Edited by lux eterna
Forgot

On 16/05/2019 at 17:13, Pluto1948 said:

HI 

I need some quick advice on the following what is the best method of replacing the motherboard on my HEQ5 Pro mount, a few nights ago I had the following message displayed on my Hand controller  Caution  " no response on both axes " which when I looked on the net meant that the motherboard had gone faulty, so I have to replace it but to do this it looks like I will have to take out the two motors, can anybody tell me if this is the case or has anyone done this before.

George

So you started this thread, and also sent me (and maybe other users as well) a PM, asking for help. And you immediately recieved a few suggestions. Did you read it ? Did/will you try it ? No idea. So demotivating for people trying to help.

Ragnar

31 minutes ago, lux eterna said:

So you started this thread, and also sent me (and maybe other users as well) a PM, asking for help. And you immediately recieved a few suggestions. Did you read it ? Did/will you try it ? No idea. So demotivating for people trying to help.

Ragnar

At least give the chap a chance he last visited friday night ,

Hi All

Sorry for the late reply and thank you all for giving your suggestions I have now purchased a new motherboard and fitted it, as you have to take the motors out to get  at the two retaining screws I thought I might aswell do the town belt drive mod while replacing the board and I am glad to say it is one of the best things to do with this mount as I can hardly hear the motors and there is little or no backlash, I did read all the suggestions and they were what made me do the project.

Thank you 

George