SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

CCDciel installing

Following my surprising success with Carte du Ciel, ( well so far anyway ), I tried to install CCDCiel. I went to the Sourceforge site and downloaded CCDciel from this page https://sourceforge.net/projects/ccdciel/. When installed I couldn't find an exe, just a CCDciel folder with a 'data' folder in it.

I feel I am doing something really stupid. Or not doing something moderately clever.

Could someone point me at an idiots guide please?

cheers

gaj

14 minutes ago, gajjer said:

Following my surprising success with Carte du Ciel, ( well so far anyway ), I tried to install CCDCiel. I went to the Sourceforge site and downloaded CCDciel from this page https://sourceforge.net/projects/ccdciel/. When installed I couldn't find an exe, just a CCDciel folder with a 'data' folder in it.

I feel I am doing something really stupid. Or not doing something moderately clever.

Could someone point me at an idiots guide please?

cheers

gaj

Scroll further down the page and you will find links to the .exe files. (ccdciel-0.96-1559-windows-x32.exe)

Note that there is a CCDCiel 64 bit and 32 bit version. Some ASCOM drivers are only 32 bit and won't work with CCDCiel 64 bit.  In case you have any driver/ascom problem, uninstall the CCDCiel 64 bit and install the CCDCiel  32 bit version.

Edited by han59

Hi Han, yes I spotted that, I will keep that in mind. 

When I first got involved with microprocessors back in 1973 I would have been up for writing my own driver for whatever interface I encountered. But these days I can't even find the right files to load! Software has drifted away from me so rapidly.

Cheers gajl