Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

AbsolutelyN

COMPLETED - Completed - Canon 300mm 2.8 lens

Posted (edited)

I know I'm going to regret selling this but I've not used this for almost a year now so regrettably putting this up for sale to fund a zwo 183mm. 

This is the original version of the canon 300 2.8 lens - the one without IS. It's pretty much an f/2.8 100mm refractor.  It's in excellent condition and comes complete with original leather lens cap, hood and case.  

There is a little bit of dust in the optics but makes not difference optically. There is also 2 very small spots of fungus on internal elements - not more than a couple of mills in diameter.  Again makes no difference in optical quality of the image.  

Bokeh of this thing is superb and extremely sharp lens, perfect for astro, wildlife, portraits and landscapes. A few example images I've taken with it below. 

There is currently one of these on MPB for £1459 so looking for half that - £730 given the very small amount of fungus. That also includes UK next day delivery (which is £30). £700 if collected - from Harrogate North Yorks.

Final thing to bear in mind is needs to be used with a DSLR (I've been using it with both Canon and Sony Alpha bodies with Sigma EOS adapter) as it's focus by wire and focus is not activated unless a body attached. So not one for dedicated astro cameras. An astro modified DSLR would be a perfect match for this monster lens. Any queries let me know. 

Updated - Also includes an Optech hood hat. 

_A7R2719.jpg

_A7R2720.jpg

_A7R2722.jpg

_A7R2723.jpg

_A7R2724.jpg

_A7R2725.jpg

_U9A0761.jpg

_U9A0807.jpg

_U9A8738_D.jpg

m42.thumb.jpg.63c6f23a702777b9b2ca0bcdc2069751.jpg

Untitled_Panorama2_16-9-copy.jpg

_A7R2778.jpg

Edited by AbsolutelyN
  • Like 1

A few queries on this lens regarding the fungus - I've attempted to photograph the lens with a high powered torch shining through it so size and location of the fungus can be clearly seen.  

_A7R2775.jpg

_A7R2776.jpg