Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
Cosmic Geoff

COMPLETED - 200mm f5 Newtonian OTA

With reluctance I am looking to sell my 200mm aperture f5 Helios Newtonian OTA. (Helios is a brand that became incorporated into Skywatcher - this closely resembles Skywatcher OTAs)

The Helios is offered with single speed rack & pinion focuser, tube rings, 22 to 1.25" adaptor, dovetail bar and grab handle for £90 o.n.o.  In good condition except that the dovetail bar appears to be discoloured by exposure to sunlight.

I have not used the telescope for many months and with a persistent problem in my right arm my enthusiasm for moving heavy kit around has diminished.

Buyer to collect from North Bucks.

Offered as option with the OTA: EQ5 mount with RA drive + 6 volt sealed lead-acid battery +charger + standard and extra long Dec slow motion manual shafts. £150. Condition - used but working.

If I sell the OTA I will be looking to dispose of its accessories:

9x50 Skywatcher straight finder - in excellent condition except that the small plastic dust cap is missing.

Cheshire collimator, boxed, as new.

Helical fine focuser, range 10mm, ID 1.25", screws into 2"adapter.

3x Datysun Barlow, as new, boxed.

Widefield eyepiece, 22mm f.l., 30mm body (note not 1.25")  with built in focus, works well with this telescope.

Plastic collimation cap (no cost).

This bundle would cost around £114 new - offered if bought with scope at £75 o.n.o.

Helios_0428.jpg

Helios_0429.jpg

Helios_0430.jpg

Helios_0431.jpg

Helios_0426.jpg

Edited by Cosmic Geoff
Price reduced

Still no interest? I am prepared to bundle a EQ5 mount with RA drive with the OTA if this gets a sale.

For an additional £150 (new this mount + drive sells for about £300).

The OTA is also offered elsewhere.

Edited by Cosmic Geoff

Hi is the mount still available

regards

Sale of OTA and finderscope pending.  Offer withdrawn. Still for sale.

Telescope OTA and finder now sold

Edited by Cosmic Geoff
OTA sold.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By StarMich
      I'm aiming for the best possible field illumination for my Explore Scientific PN208 f/3.9 imaging newtonian. The scope is 5 years old now and while doing maintenance I wanted to do something about the design flaws as well.

With the current secondary holder design it's impossible to center the mirror beneath the focuser. My question is: is this really an issue when the entire primary is visible? I read about optimal field illumination when the secondary is centered, but this isn't achievable with this telescope.

I attached an image showing the (very bad aligned and already degrading) secondary at the moment. This is as far down as I can go, I would need to replace the holder screws with longer threads to go further but I don't know if it would make any difference for field illumination?

Thanks in advance,
      Michael

• By runway77
      Hello, I am having a problem with a relatively expensive flat field eyepiece in a combination with a newtonian reflector. I am unable to achieve proper focus with that eyepiece because when I focus it on axis, the edges are blurry. When I focus it at the edge, the center field is out of focus. I don't want to mention the concrete type of this eyepiece because I received it with a spot on the bottom barrel, therefore I cannot be sure whether it has been dropped. This eyepiece has very good reviews on this forum. Optically it looks good and there is no rattle. My question is whether these flat field eyepieces are usable with newtonians as these telescopes doesn't generally suffer from the field curvature. Many thanks for help.
    • By Anthony RS
      I'm selling my my 70mm secondary mirror I used with my 150mm F4 newtonian for 100$ (final price). Shipping expenses (from Beirut, Lebanon) on me for free provided I use LibanPost for shipping. We can discuss using other shipping methods and maybe splitting the cost.
      The mirror is brand new, still have the original package and box, bought the telescope a month ago and used only twice. No scratches, not even dust (images attached). Excellent mirror, no issues whatsoever, 94% reflectivity and optimized for the offset of f / 4 Newtons, but it can be used up to f / 5. It's from TS, made in Taiwan, original price is 134 euros (including VAT) excluding shipping and custom fees. Link below:
      https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p10673_TS-Optics-Newton-Fangspiegel-D---70-mm-mit-Halter.html
      It does not come with the tilt screws and center screw though unfortunately.
      I can also sell you the spider vanes (1mm thickness) for 6 inch newtonian for 25USD. Also brand new but without the tilt screws and adjustment screws. https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p11056_TS-Optics-Spinne-fuer-6--Newtons---164-mm-bis-180-mm-Tubus-Innendurchmesser.html
      Let me know if interested.
      Clear Skies!
      Anthony
      <private email address removed>

• By WiltsStarGazer
      Having previously got some reasonable images by mounting a smart phone to the eyepiece. I thought I would try for a more sophisticated set up.
      So last night I tried to get some pictures of the moon using a Canon Eos D450 connected to a Skywatcher 130p Newtonian via a T2 connection on the eyepiece holder.
      As the camera has automatic focusing built into the lens I thought I would have to adjust the focuser on the eyepiece holder to manually get a sharp image.
      Basically the telescope acting as a manually focused lens for the camera.
      But no joy, I just got a bright light which seemed to fill the camera view finder. I tried various settings on the camera, adjusting ISO and aperture etc,  I also had some extention rings for the camera lens so tired fitting those to extend the focal length but no better.
      I sure there are many palms being slapped against foreheads reading this but as you can tell I have no idea, although I do have some of the gear.
      Any pointers and/or advise would be gratefully received.
    • By StarFiveSky
      Hi, I recently looked into telescope's & dso's again due to an interesting sight in the night sky 😉. 
      I wanted to get into telescope's etc... but my budget and other things got in the way. 
      This time there's no budget limit (that doesn't mean I'm bill Gates though).
      My main concern is size since I will carry the telescope with my bare hands (bag).
      I don't have a local astronomy club or telescope shop around so I don't know if an 8" Newtonian is too bulky/big. 
      Can someone post comparison pictures, if you have an 8" telescope (preferably newtonian, width and length)?
      Secondly I want to see dso's in the future (firstly beginner objects etc...) so the 8" is more adequate than the 6", but if an 8" is too big then I am okay with a 6" as long as it's much more portable. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.