Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lagoon + Trifid

KernowBeard

I decided to get up and head out around 2:30ish this morning to capture M8 and M20. Having never even seen these two objects in a telescope before I was excited to finally see them; even through the 200mm lens.

I was rather surprised at what a single 2.5second shot could get (pictured below). After seeing that I realised I was in for a treat considering how bright and big they were in the picture, compared to galaxies that I've been imaging so far.

M8+M20 raw 200mm

There was some high clouds but very thin and hazy so it didn't ruin the session. I ended up imaging until the Sun's light became apparent.

The final shot, processed in DSS and Post in Lightroom + some extra tweaks in Photoshop. 600 2.5second shots, darks, bias and flats. Equipment in signature:

M8+M20 Final 200mm

Very, very pleased with this one and I'll definitely be going out again when the moon has decided to go away once more. Seeing the final stack reveal itself in DSS had me feeling like a kid again, observing through my telescope!

Clear Skies!

• Like 6