Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep3_banner.thumb.jpg.5533fb830ae914798f4dbbdd2c8a5853.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Ewan

Quark Chromosphere 12-05-2019 AR2741

Not many chances of Solar Imaging this year so far but caught this one.
AR2741 from the 12th late afternoon

AZEQ6-GT
152mm Technosky Refractor @ f5.9
135mm Baader D-ERF
Daystar Quark Chromosphere + Eliminator
PG IMX174

5862 Frames, 4Ms 30 second capture @ 195Fps 1024 x 768 Mono16
Best 45% Frames stacked in AS!3, ImPPG then tweaked in PS
Atb

AR2741 False Colour.png

AR2741 Mono.png

• Like 15

Good catch Ewan. Good to see you posting some images again :smiley:

great shot Ewan, darn weather this year has been evil mate. charl.

outstanding detail in there :) 

Dave

Super spot Ewan, nearly missed this as I was away, good to see you back with a bang.

Dave

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TakMan
      Sorry for the delay in posting, was just too knackered yesterday to do processing justice...
      Was out making the most of another clear night and grabbing colour data for M106. By 2am the sky was really clearing up, but Julie had decided that our "one walk a day" should be to hear the dawn chorus - so after less than three hours sleep, we were heading back outside just after 5am to be treated to a beautiful sight of moon and oncoming sunrise...

Bird recording >Bird song.mp3

We continued our walk along the footpath, beside the 'hedgerows' to get a better vantage point for sunrise...

Whilst awaiting sunrise I had time to check GONG to see what was happening... more specifically the 'hedgerow prom' from the previous day...

A Blue Tit announcing 'sunrise!'.... Blue Tit.mp3

My intention had been to head home for porridge and bed, but decided that I really did need to have another go at some solar imaging beforehand... J was not overly amused 'burning the candle at both ends', etc!

On the walk back home, the frost descended...

All photos just with an old iPhone6

back home, set the gear up and whilst the Quark was warming, so was the porridge!

Although I'm fairly new to solar imaging, I can see why solar imagers get up nice and early to grab the best seeing. I could see the difference coming into OACapture from my old DMK41 camera just how 'relatively still' the recording was (a QuickTime screen recording below).

Untitled.MOV   Refreshed today, here is my first go at processing.
      Captured at 7.59am 45 seconds @ 15FPS (max) best 100 frames taken from 676. TSA102s / Quark Chromo / 0.5x Reducer
      Processed with a 'bag' flat and dark frame in AS!2 and ImPPG via Wine on a MacBook Pro. Finished in PsCC2017

Updated Gong image from time of recording. Definitely want to get better and perhaps source a better camera - I have a thread in Equipment if any Solar folks would care to offer advice...

Damian
      New Recording 5.m4a New Recording 7.m4a Blue Tit.mp3
    • By Roger Corbett
      Hi all,
      I'm becoming a bit of a Moon and Planets visual observer and in consequence, I'm considering an Amici Diagonal. I have read that at high magnification your view can be obscured. That said, I have read that it is of little consequence when using a Mak and a decent diagonal like this one - https://tinyurl.com/y75z4n5v from Baader Planetarium. I'm really keen to make my East East and my West West. Any advice or experience would be welcome

• By TakMan
      Just a very quick process from today’s play. Will update this thread at some stage - been burning the candle at both ends... Was out imaging last night ‘til 2, then the wife decided that it would be a good idea to go out at 5.15 this morning to take in the dawn chorus! After an extra 2hrs back in bed, decided to get out in the sun and enjoy some solar imaging today. Now, as I type this, I’m outside imaging again!
      So sorting the best files and processing will have to wait until tomorrow! I also took the opportunity to take test shots through the dial settings of my Quark to see if I can work out where best to position it to.
      Here’s a quick one, not as good as I’d hoped, but there’s always a chance another will be better!
      The best 60 of 679

15405DAF-95CE-428D-BC96-D0A1870DB945.MOV
    • By Geordie mc
      LaserColli mkiii in good condition. Makes keeping your Newtonian scope aligned very easy. Comes still boxed. Only selling as I’m selling my scope and won’t need it. It takes 3 small button cell hearing aid type batteries. The existing ones are flat so you’ll need new ones. Some very small marks on the barrel as seen in picture which make no difference to its operation. I don’t have the instructions but I’m sure they will be online somewhere. If I find them I’ll include. I think these units go for around £85-£90 new. Happy to take £55 inc. postage from France. PayPal only please.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.