SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Geoptik canon adapter

Hi

I've recently bought a used Canon fit geoptik adapter but I'm having some trouble with it. It seems like it's too small as I cannot get any of my Canon lenses to fit.

I've tried a 50mm, a 75-300mm (both original Canon) and a Samyang 14mm lens and none of them seem to fully insert. It's definitely a Canon adapter as it has a 2" filter thread. 

The wired thing is my T-ring, which is slightly loose on my DSLR, will fit. 

Has anyone ever had or heard about this problem before? 

What do you mean by too small ?

Does the bayonet engage but you can't rotate to lock it ?

If the bayonet won't engage remember that the 3 bayonets are different sizes , which is why the lenses and camera bodies have the white or red locating pips ?

Michael 

35 minutes ago, michael8554 said:

What do you mean by too small ?

Does the bayonet engage but you can't rotate to lock it ?

If the bayonet won't engage remember that the 3 bayonets are different sizes , which is why the lenses and camera bodies have the white or red locating pips ?

Michael 

Not quite. The bayonet won't fully insert I to the adapter, no matter which way round I try. 

Then you'll need to get your Dremel or needle files onto the adapter to open up the gaps the bayonets go into.

Shouldn't affect the final locking of the lens once you can rotate it, and there's a locking ring too on the adapter.

Try comparing the bayonets on your T adapter that will fit, with one of your lenses. 

Michael