SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Scope Handles... 'Andles for Scopes! :D

4 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

Is that the one you take the end off cut down and put the end back on.

Yes just tap on the end using a hammer till it comes off and shorten the tube, then shorten the rubber cover on the tube a bit more are put the end back on.

Edited by johninderby

3 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Yes just tap on the end till it comes off and shorten the tube, then shorten the rubber cover on the tube a bit more are put the end back on.

Brilliant I will have to open this page on the pc as my phone won't show the measurements so I can get the correct handle.

I will do that later stupid phone and it's a Samsung s7 should be able to do it.

Thank you very much.

Paul

Edited by wookie1965

14 minutes ago, johninderby said:

It’s the longest one they do. I also bought some shoulder washers to step down the hole size so I could use smaller bolts.

AF1C9503-00B6-423E-B4B1-D5C1A53FDECD.jpeg

89B21132-7069-4A88-B140-DFC656A0FE65.jpeg

Thank you so much really appreciate all your help.

Paul

Well I balked at the price for a handle with delivery over £23 so had a quick look on a other site went for a mild steel flat bar 8mm thick 30mm wide 300mm long.

It came today £7.99 but it was much heavier than anticipated drilled holes balance was way out but I was really concerned about the weight capacity of the EQ5 mount.

My son came over social distance was in place he had a look then said you have another dovetail don't you, so I went and found it he measured drilled one hole spaced it so my hand will fit under it and bobs your uncle.

Here is the result.

Stay safe

Paul

20200702_170027.jpg

20200702_170014.jpg