Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Posted (edited)

Hello to all!

Just posting some of the images I took recently!

(Total first attempt from someone who can't even hold a camera properly)

I was out to conduct a public overnight sky observation event, which was the last event before 6 months of monsoon. For a lot of time, we had cloud cover too!

These images don't include much of editing more than just some basic stuff in cellphone. I forgot to take the photos in RAW so either way I can't do much!

Quite happy with the first attempt. Will improve even more in next season!

Nikon 5300, with the basic 18-55 lens.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks! 

eZy_watermark_06-05-2019_07-01-56.jpg

IMG_20190506_021355.jpg

eZy_watermark_06-05-2019_06-41-27.jpg

IMG_20190505_042142.jpg

Edited by Rhushikesh-Canisminor
  • Like 6

Lovely set there mate. My favourite is the first one with the scope.

If I had to wait 6 months for the rain to stop I'd give up and study diving :)

Dave.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sammak127
      Here is a picture I took with my wife on holiday in France. It was a rare evening of stargazing after 3 year toddler hiatus. 
      We took it on a canon 6d with a 16mm wide angle sitting on the star adventurer.
      It’s  based on 3 exposures where I stacked the sky part whilst only using 1 layer for the foreground. Maybe 20 second exposures I can’t quite recall now. Then bumped up the levels also in photoshop. 

• By Kronos831
      Hey.. So last night i went to a beach that had one side completely dark ,and the other filed with light pollution . In the dark side,the milky way gqlaxy was pretty obvious and the sky was  full of stars. Andromeda was rising and i wanted to take a peak, however , it was low on the horizon and had a slight haze(skyglow).It wasn't visible with the naked eye and in my 10x50 binoculars i could just resolve the core.
      I heard Andromeda would be visible with the naked eye as its mag 3.3. But the milkyway was and Andromeda wasnt.What went wrong?
    • By Kcks Regulus Star
      On the 2nd of July I closed my curtains one night before I went to bed but, before they were shut I noticed a strange multicoloured light flickering low in the sky in the northern celestial hemisphere. I Thought to myself if that is a star it looks amazing. The next night (3rd of July) I decided to take another look at this multicoloured light which was still there, Only this time I used my binoculars, I was seeing blues, greens & reds. We have all seen stars by looking up into the sky but, I have never seen a star create multi colours before. It makes you feel excited inside and you think that no one else can see this until you tell them and share the same experience together. I believe I was looking at the Capella Star which is the brightest star in the constellation Auriga and your not kidding it is bright. I cant wait to have another look tonight to see if the multi colours are still there. I would like to have taken at picture of it but I am not setup to do that just yet as I am very new to star gazing. I wish someone here can confirm what I saw and to post a picture of it would be awesome. 
      Nikon Prostaff 3s 8 x 42
    • By codeman
      NGC6559 at the center of the milkyway is a photo I created from RGB filters only and at BIN1.

Telescope: ASA 12'' F3.6
      Mount: DDM 85 Unguided
      Camera: FLI 16200 Mono
      Filters: Astrodon

Thanks for watching
      Haim Huli

My Flickr Page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/101543943@N04/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.