SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A bit of love for* the 150 PDS?

So we have a oftenly-visited post that is "Imaging with the 130PDS," and I thought– why not much love for the 150 PDS?

So I decided I'll leave this post out there, mainly as a means of people sharing their nice Astrophotos taken with the 150 to one another, but also as a way for me to see what I can expect from a 150PDS! 

I've seen the 130 PDS posts and blimey, if you're one of the imagers that replied in that post with those amazing photos, amazing job– your dedication is absolutely mad! (In a good way, that is.)

I'm not attempting to start a discussion, I just want a post where we can all be friends as fellow 150 PDS owners!

Love,

Leon. :D

Edited by LR Watanabe
Typo in title.

OK. From a few years back, the Rosette in HaLRGB with a 150PDS, STF8300M and Baader filters. All on a AZEQ6 from a fairly (Bortle 5/6)* light polluted site:

Rosette.thumb.png.af7d9e02bb30f8842940207a429c5bc2.pngEdit: Not "(Bortle 3/4/5)" as I originally wrote. :)

Edited by Pompey Monkey
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/05/2019 at 23:23, LR Watanabe said:

Blimey, nicely done!If that’s what I can expect on a Bortle 3/4/5 zone, I wonder what I can see on a 1 zone! (With a proper filter, of course)

Actually, I got the Bortle scale wrong- I should have written 5/6!

I've had my 150PDS for about 6 months. I have it sitting on a EQ6R-Pro and image with a Nikon D5300 un-modded DSLR.

All in all I am super happy with it - although my imaging opportunities have been limited.

Really glad to see that you've started this thread! 🙂 Thanks!

I got the inspiration to buy my 150 based on all the comments on the 130 thread - so it'll be nice if this thread grows to show the capabilities of this fairly fast little Newt!

Cheers,

Daemon

Anyone have any thoughts on imaging with a CCD/CMOS camera on the 150PDS?

I'm currently using an un-modded Nikon D5300 DSLR which is great for starting out, but it does get very noisy and an upgrade could be on the horizon.

I am tempted by the ZWO ASI1600MM Mono with all the appropriate LRGB and narrowband filters. I'm assuming 1.25" should be okay but happy to hear opinions.

I would keep the DSLR as an OSC option, but I like the idea of the sharpness of mono imaging despite the extra capture time needed with the different filters.

I've also recently bought another scope (SW Evostar 80ED) to have a Refractor option. I'm wondering how the ASI1600 would go with that too.

Does anyone have similar set-ups or opinions?

Cheers,

Daemon

On 04/06/2019 at 14:20, daemon said:

Anyone have any thoughts on imaging with a CCD/CMOS camera on the 150PDS?

I'm currently using an un-modded Nikon D5300 DSLR which is great for starting out, but it does get very noisy and an upgrade could be on the horizon.

I am tempted by the ZWO ASI1600MM Mono with all the appropriate LRGB and narrowband filters. I'm assuming 1.25" should be okay but happy to hear opinions.

I would keep the DSLR as an OSC option, but I like the idea of the sharpness of mono imaging despite the extra capture time needed with the different filters.

I've also recently bought another scope (SW Evostar 80ED) to have a Refractor option. I'm wondering how the ASI1600 would go with that too.

Does anyone have similar set-ups or opinions?

Cheers,

Daemon

My rosette was done with a KAF8300 mono CCD chip, through Baader RGB and 7nm Ha filters, all plugged into the 150 PDS and SW CC.

If that helps..? :) 

Edited by Pompey Monkey

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 23:51, Pompey Monkey said:

My rosette was done with a KAF8300 mono CCD chip, through Baader RGB and 7nm Ha filters, all plugged into the 150 PDS and SW CC.

If that helps..? :) 

Thanks Paul. I have heard that is a very good sensor, but I think I will go for CMOS to keep the cost down.

And just a point of note: I've also learned that 31mm filters are best suited to the ASI1600MM on the 150PDS as it is relatively fast at f5.

Cheers,

Daemon