Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

Saganite

COMPLETED - Sky Atlas 2000.....SOLD

Posted (edited)

Wil Tirion's superb Sky atlas, 26 maps 20.5" X 15.5" showing positions of 43000 stars gathered from the Hipparcos  database. It is in excellent condition, the maps being perfectly flat with no 'dog ears' or marks.

A really good usable size for anyone with a telescope, to plan their observing sessions.

I would not be selling this if I had not recently had the good fortune to obtain the Great Atlas of the Sky, on this forum.

The price includes postage, and the Sky atlas will be extremely well packed in thick cardboard.................£40

Thanks for looking

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0920.JPG

IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_0922.JPG

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 3

this is on hell of an Atlas good quality well impressed with mine and not planning in parting with it.. good luck with the sale

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, fozzybear said:

this is on hell of an Atlas good quality well impressed with mine and not planning in parting with it.. good luck with the sale

I could not agree more. The thing is I have the Cambridge Star Atlas, and the Sky and Telescope Pocket Atlas giving two different scales of use at the scope, and The Great Atlas of the Sky for close up perusal at my desk, and I mean close up. The scale of these maps have Betelgeuse and Bellatrix 10" apart on the page, and I never knew that there were so many stars clustered around the 6 stars in the Trapezium until this Atlas arrived, so you see there is not much point in keeping Sky atlas 2000, but rather see someone  else actually use it...:smiley:

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Saganite said:

The Great Atlas of the Sky

lucky you to own one.... and at a great price I believe, But I am happy with my sky atlas care to swap for a second one 👍

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

And replied.

SALE PENDING

Edited by Saganite

Atlas now sold. Thank you David.

Mods please archive this ad. and thank you.

Steve