Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

I cannot emphasise enough my current feeling of happiness. For weeks on end, I've been looking for a seller in Japan that offers the HEQ5, but the effort was futile.

Until now, that is.

FLO (First Light Optics) ships to Japan! They really do! (Well, I will have to add 200£ to the mix, though). What makes matters better is that by the end of the year, I'll be able to afford the HEQ5, a good (F4) guide scope, a autoguiding camera, AND possibly a Coma Corrector! 

But then again, I'm thwarted by a question my beginner brain cannot answer. Assuming I have the HEQ5 perfectly Polar Aligned (Sharpcap Pro FTW) and I've balanced correctly (that biasing rubbish), what kind of subs will I be expecting with roughly 7-8 kg on the HEQ5 total? 

Clear skies,

Leon.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geordie mc
      8 inch Newtonian for visual or astrophotography use. Mount is a good solid unit. Comes with mains and cigar lighter power leads. 28mm 2 inch eyepiece. 25 and 10mm I.25 inch eyepieces and 2x Barlow. Skywatcher coma corrector. Red light torch (needs new batteries). Padded carry case for scope. Skywatcher ST80 guide scope with Skywatcher guidescope mount. Extra counterweight. Azimuth bolts are metal upgrades from Bob’s Knobs. Carry case for eyepieces etc.
      Looking for offers around £750 for the whole setup. (Preferred option). But,  I would consider splitting the scope, mount, coma corrector, case, ST80 and guidescope mount. Make me a sensible offer.
      I would also consider a swap for a one shot Colour ccd or cmos camera for deep sky use. Must be cooled and small bodied for Hyperstar use such as Atik Horizon os asi 533 pro. Tell me what you’ve got and we can work something out if the camera is suitable.

i live in France in the Haute Vienne but am back in the UK at Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire from Dec.20 to 28th. I could leave kit for collection in the New Year if that helps. Collection only please. Payment by PayPal only. Many thanks.

• By Rza
      As title. Not the best to look at cosmetically but in good working order.
      Mount has upgraded latitude bolts.
      Will throw in the following:
      Sky-Watcher power supply
      HiteCastro DC focus controller
      EQDIR cable to control mount from laptop
      Long UK plug mains power cable
      USB hub
      Lovely Lords Cricket bag
      £375 ONO
      Based in Kent near Maidstone.
      Collection only.
      Cheers

• By J47
      Hi my name is Jay, new to all and any forums, lol. Not sure where to start so here I go. I have a few questions about Sirius the double star while observing through my Nexstar 4se telescope using a 2x Barlow and my neximage burst color. While I was able to capture quite stunning results of the star Sirius, this morning before sunrise, I was curious though as to if I might have incorrectly focused my scope on the star or if this image is a clear image of the star? I will attach a brief 7-8 second video I took this morning. It was the first time I had gotten to focus my scope on the star as it kept drifting before but I solved the drifting issue as a result of improper anti-backlash. But now back to the video, was wondering if any of you could help determine if I properly focused on the star because from what I see the star appears to be in the shape of an out-of-control atom in the video and at the center it is black, is this the observing of a quasar? Thanks for all the help in advance if anyone stops by thanks for the time and efforts here's the video.
      star.avi
    • By astrosathya
      Presenting my first attempt at Bi colour imaging. This is the Rosette Nebula (NGC2244), which is located in the constellation of Monoceros. 
      Telescope: Orion 80ED
      Mount: Sky Watcher HEQ5PRO
      Camera: QHY9s Mono
      Filter wheel: QHYFW2
      Filters: Baader 7nm Ha, 8.5nm OIII
      Exposure: 300sX30Ha, 300sX22 OIII captured on the nights of 1st and 8th January 2019
      Stacked in Deep sky stacker, proceed in Pixinsight, finished in Photoshop

• By astrosathya
      I have a 2012 model HEQ5-PRO and it has the older reticule in the polar scope. Could anyone direct me if I can urchase a new polar scope reticule or a new polar scope with the latest reticule?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.