Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Camera Bracket

OXO

Hi All,

I was wondering can you get a Camera Pan tilt bracket like those seen on Photographic Tripods that will fit onto tube rings? Asking because it would make live so much easier mounting the camera and aligning it.

Thanks

James :laugh:

You certainly can....i have one matey and it does help enormously. Only trouble is i bought mine SH, so couldn't tell you who sells one. Surely someone like Jessops, LCE or perhaps Pixmania would do one.

Russ

James,

My pan and tilt head unscrews off my tripod centre column, just a matter of bolting it onto a tube ring then, but I would use a ball and socket head on the tube ring, think it would be much simpler to use (less sticky out bit's to get in the way)

Alan

Thanks for the Advice chaps quite happy to hear i can get one or at least Mod one make life so much easier as i find screwing the camera onto those tiny camera brackets youu get with new scopes a pain in the butt.

I'll do some ringing around today and let you know how i get on, also look what i have to destroy i mean Mod :laugh:.

James

James, this is the one i have:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Giottos-Heavy-Duty-Pro-Ball-Head_W0QQitemZ7596298999QQcategoryZ3325QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Like Alan, i use a ball and socket jobby. Really easy, better than a pan & tilt.

Here's the Ebay page for tripods and supports. I reckon have search through and you'll find what you need for less than the BCF price.

http://photography.listings.ebay.co.uk:80/Tripods-Supports_W0QQfclZ3QQfromZR11QQsacatZ3325QQsocmdZListingItemList

Russ

James

Before you commit your money:-

I don't know how heavy your camera/lens is, but make sure you get as chunky a ball and socket head as possible - take it from someone who spent 30 minutes setting mine up only to have it move because the b&s head wasn't really man enough for the camera/lens I was using!!

Best of luck!

Archived