SvBONY......40mm.....!

Guest chaz2b

Guest chaz2b

Well someone had to buy one!

I’m still in disbelief! I put it up against my newly aquired  32mm TV, admittedly terrestrial viewing, the difference? SvBONY was marginally clearer!!! Yes! I did say that.

chaz

Some of the Svbony bits that they buy in and rebrand are rather good. Not everything mind you but some good buys to be had. The Svbony solar finder I just bought is better than those costing twice as much from UK dealers.

Guest chaz2b

Just broke my solar finder..(3D printed) I stepped on it...grrr, so I’ll look up that SvBONY one.

chaz..Bigfoot.

On 11/05/2019 at 15:26, chaz2b said:

Just broke my solar finder..(3D printed) I stepped on it...grrr, so I’ll look up that SvBONY one.

chaz..Bigfoot.

Available from a few German places but less than half the price on eBay. I filled in the etched lines on the disc with ink.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SVBONY-Solar-Finder-Scope-Fully-Metal-For-Sun-Positioning-Solar-Eclipse-Observe/362366838367?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Mini ball head from Amazon

10FDD7A8-AE24-4557-B8B9-59D1D59A6330.jpeg

Guest chaz2b

Thanks for the links John, luckily I have a small ball head....ok! Ok! Cut that out at the back..

I also have. TV sol finder, but I don’t want to keep swapping, the SvBONY should fit the bill.

chaz

On 11/05/2019 at 15:11, chaz2b said:

Well someone had to buy one!

I’m still in disbelief! I put it up against my newly aquired  32mm TV, admittedly terrestrial viewing, the difference? SvBONY was marginally clearer!!! Yes! I did say that.

chaz

Might be worth comparing the two during nighttime viewing before deciding which is the best ?

Guest chaz2b

Yes,quite so. However, it’s a way I’ve used for a few years now, even though there would be a lot of heat distortion, the result was quite unbelievable from such a cheap plossl.

I have Meades, Orion, Celestron, Tele-vue and a couple of Intes plossls, and I do a fare amount of comparing, even swapping diagonals , a lot to see how clean the eyepiece is as much as what the actual view is. I’m not a seasoned gazer, as I don’t spend as much time night viewing as I’d like, so this is just another way of comparing.

chaz

Archived