Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moonlite replacement bearings

Hi guys.

A few months ago I bought a refractor fitted with a CFL 2.5" large format focuser. I bought it from the US and had it delivered to a friend of mine over there and today he brought it over to me. I noticed on the focuser that 2 of the bearings are broken. Do you by any chance know if I can get replacements in the UK? I emailed moonlite but I would prefer to get them from here if I can find them.

Emil

10 minutes ago, emyliano2000 said:

Hi guys.

A few months ago I bought a refractor fitted with a CFL 2.5" large format focuser. I bought it from the US and had it delivered to a friend of mine over there and today he brought it over to me. I noticed on the focuser that 2 of the bearings are broken. Do you by any chance know if I can get replacements in the UK? I emailed moonlite but I would prefer to get them from here if I can find them.

Emil

I actually had to replace all for bearings on mine a few years back, and can’t  remember where I got them from, but I have two left over...if they are any use...!

But mine was just the 2” version, so not sure they will be correct size..

Edited by BillyBoy

1 minute ago, BillyBoy said:

I actually had to replace all for bearings on mine a few years back, and can’t  remember where I got them from, but I have two left over...if they are any use...!

Oh, that would be great if you could sell them to me. Can I PM you?

Emil

5 minutes ago, Skipper Billy said:

You will get them from here - they have every bearing imaginable Metric and Imperial and they cost pennies - and next day delivery...

https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/?gclid=CNiKnojH4c0CFVYo0wodV1sM2Q

Thanks Billy.

Any chance of knowing what size I should order?

Emil

3 hours ago, emyliano2000 said:

Hi guys.

Emil

What have you bought now Emil?

I would steer clear of ceramic bearings - for the intended purpose they are wonderful - I use them in my miniature gas turbines - run at very high temperatures and high speeds - my turbines idle at about 90000 rpm and over 250000 rpm at full chat but they dont like being squashed - they are very brittle.

To adjust your focuser so it doesn't slip you will need run the bearings in compression - a better bet would be stainless steel

These would do the job nicely.

• Like 2