Narrowband

Aristoteles and Eudoxus

Lurcher

Hi everyone,

Not the most inspiring of images, but I was pleased to get out in the back garden to an unexpectedly clear sky. I rushed it a bit unfortunately. (I'd just bought a 2nd hand 20mm Tele Vue eyepiece on E-bay. It wasn't the ideal focal length for this last night but I wanted to check it was ok so stuck with it). I must remember to spend more time on maybe a smaller area soon. Maybe just one crater next time.

Anyway, here's a quick sketch I did of a small area of the moon, near the terminator again.

All the best.

ScanItem-008.bmp.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

that's an impressive sketch of those two popular craters. Well done! I like the light and shadow areas in the rims and the hills in the upper part of the sketch.

Clear skies

Achim

• Thanks 1

You inspired me that’s for sure, brilliant sketch. More so as you describe it as quickly drawn. I have sketched a few deep sky objects but never lunars. Think I will give it a go next time I’m observing. Well done!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all your comments everyone again.

9 hours ago, davhei said:

Think I will give it a go next time I’m observing.

Go for it! So much more to enjoy and get stuck in to.

Hi, What is good about your technique is that you capture the key details and feel for the area, rather than get bogged down with the detail. Nice idea to put the diameters on the sketch. Enables an appreciation of the size. Mike

• Thanks 1