Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

baader hyperion

20 hours ago, Timebandit said:

Yep. An eyepiece that works and comes into focus on one scope ,may not in a different type, manufacturer ect of scope. 

I have seen this problem so many times before, sometimes not enough inward travel, sometimes not enough outward travel. A Barlow will help to change the light path and can sometimes help or a diagonal(depending if its a inward or outward focus point problem). Eyepieces can and many do have different focal points to which they come into focus depending on the scope.

Hope this helps 🔭

Had the same problem when I bought my Tak 100 refractor last year, not enough inward travel to bring any of my eyepieces into focus with the 70mm extension tube provided. Bought a TS Optics 35mm extension tube and problem solved for my collection of 1.25" eyepieces. 

Below is part of a review I found online about the Omni 150 that got me thinking that its got something to do with the travel of the focuser.

"The Omni 150 comes with a high-quality 2” Crayford focuser and a 1.25” adapter. This focuser is abnormally tall, as Celestron has taken pains to prevent the drawtube from intruding on the scope’s light path – a frequent problem with small scopes. Being all-metal and including a tension adjuster, it is adequate for even the heaviest eyepieces or cameras".

Edited by jock1958

Update friends. It was indeed the travel and with an adapter to increase the length and a new explore scientific 2 inch 28mm eyepiece i was able to fucus no problem and the field of view with this eye piece is incredible :) i cant wait to add another 2 lenses to my collection avoiding very high magnifications cause i feel with this teleacope less is more. 

Any suggestions for a 17 or 10-9 mm eyepiece would be welcome :)

but thank u all again for the help!

1 hour ago, Jazzo111 said:

Update friends. It was indeed the travel and with an adapter to increase the length and a new explore scientific 2 inch 28mm eyepiece i was able to fucus no problem and the field of view with this eye piece is incredible :) i cant wait to add another 2 lenses to my collection avoiding very high magnifications cause i feel with this teleacope less is more. 

Any suggestions for a 17 or 10-9 mm eyepiece would be welcome :)

but thank u all again for the help!

At 1.25", the 17.5mm Morpheus seems well received.  I already had the 17mm AT AF70, 17mm Nagler T4, and 17mm ES-92 when it was introduced, so I took a pass on getting one myself.  Of those three, if you can counterbalance the weight, the ES-92 is superb and transcendent.

At 9mm to 10mm, I have both the 9mm Morpheus and 10mm Delos.  The Delos might be a tiny bit sharper across the field, but it is quite subtle if so.

Edited by Louis D
  • Thanks 1