Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Cosmic Adventure - my latest video...

PhotoGav

This is an absolutely stellar video that ought to reach a much larger audience.

Loads of educational info crammed into those 10 minutes, in an absolutely beautiful package, and the music is just perfect!

Regards,

Erling G-P

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Erling G-P said:

This is an absolutely stellar video that ought to reach a much larger audience.

Loads of educational info crammed into those 10 minutes, in an absolutely beautiful package, and the music is just perfect!

Regards,

Erling G-P

Thank you @Erling G-P . I’m doing what I can to get the video seen. I’m a bit of a social media dinosaur and am struggling to ‘get it trending’. The more shares the better!

As for educational potential of the images... I have just returned from running a revision session for the GCSE Astronomy students at Marlborough College, using my images to catalyse the learning. It’s working very well and is just wonderful to ‘do something useful’ with my images.

This is wonderful Gav.  Last night I did a talk on discovering the night sky to my U3A astro group.  I wish I had seen this before, it would have been great.  

I would have thought youtube would be the best place for it on social media

• Like 1

Thank you @MartinB & @Xiga.

Martin - I hope your talk was well received and the members are all converts to ‘the way of the sky’ after your evangelising! It’s great sharing the joy with folk isn’t it?! My only trouble when giving talks is that there is so much to say, I rarely manage to stick to time (I blame people asking so many questions!!). Please feel free to make use of the video in future. I have started using it in a similar fashion to the popular BBC Natural History 1 hour programme format of 50 minutes of programme followed by 10 minutes on how it was made, except that I have a 10 minute programme followed by 50 minutes (plus!) on how it was made!

Ciaran - I have emailed the link to the Sky at Night magazine (no answer), but will try and send it through to the TV show part of S@N too - thanks for the idea.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tomatobro said:

I showed your video at last nights astronomy club and all were very impressed.........

Marvellous, thank you. I hope they found it educational, inspirational and just lovely to watch!!

4 minutes ago, Tomatobro said:

The only thing I will do for next time is to prepare a script as folks asked me what the object was and how far away and I stumbled a bit on a few of them.

One thing I nearly added was a small graphic for each deep sky image with object name, catalogue number and distance. I decided not to as I thought it would be information overload. Perhaps I should add that?

The audience was made up of folks who in the main only have a casual interest in astronomy but enough interest to come to an astronomy club.

I explained that these images were made by an amateur  and not by a professional astronomer.  In this case the questions came after each image and they were typically what is that called and how far away is it.  In case it gets shown again I was going to identify and research on each so I could answer on the spot. I think that adding on screen data would detract from its visual impact even though there is some on screen text in places.

The showing was very spontaneous so I was not able to do any preparation beforehand.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tomatobro said:

The audience was made up of folks who in the main only have a casual interest in astronomy but enough interest to come to an astronomy club.

I explained that these images were made by an amateur  and not by a professional astronomer.  In this case the questions came after each image and they were typically what is that called and how far away is it.  In case it gets shown again I was going to identify and research on each so I could answer on the spot. I think that adding on screen data would detract from its visual impact even though there is some on screen text in places.

The showing was very spontaneous so I was not able to do any preparation beforehand.

Thank you for your thoughts - that is what I decided originally, so will stick with it. If you can’t work out what a particular object is, please do just ask!