SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mount Frustration - Upgrade advice needed

I suspect you would be more than happy with Avalon. My M Uno has served me well over nearly five years of ownership. It has been essentially maintenance free ( no gears to remesh or grease ), responds superbly to guiding, and has been reliable in every way. I’ve also not had any major issues with wind, though don’t image typically with winds > 10MPH. 

Derek

6 hours ago, schmeah said:

I suspect you would be more than happy with Avalon. My M Uno has served me well

I absolutely second that.  My M-Uno is super.  What’s not to like about a mount with essentially zero backlash, no need for a meridian flip, and beautifully made?

On 11/05/2019 at 08:03, ollypenrice said:

My RMS was usually around 0.5" under guiding, Our EQ sixes manage this at their best but don't do so predictably or consistently.

My typical RMS is around the same with the PHD2 guide settings recommended by Avalon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Andyb90 said:

My typical RMS is around the same with the PHD2 guide settings recommended by Avalon.

From memory they recommended a guide speed of 0.25x sidereal but mine seemed to prefer 0.5x. I guess this kind of variation is to be expected.

Olly