Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

wavydavy

Losmandy G11 Head, Panel, controller....

Posted (edited)

Losmandy G11 head, cables, power box, panel, hand controller, and counter shaft. Good condition, but is just gathering dust in the observatory, as I have another G11 in operation. The reason for the sale, is I want to get a bigger mount, so my other G11, would be for a mobile/second mount. Ive not a clue how to price this, ive done some research, but its very hard to find a second hand price. Mount works very well, used it the other day for some solar observing, and tracked good. Ive used it for imaging, using the shoestring astro GPUSB hub for autoguiding via the hand controller and splitter. It doesn't come with tripod, I brought it straight for the pier in my observatory. Obviously collection only as its heavy, and best to see it working. Asking around the £500 mark, ONO. Any questions ask away...….

IMG_20190507_205020.jpg

IMG_20190507_205101.jpg

IMG_20190507_205122.jpg

IMG_20190507_205150.jpg

IMG_20190507_205252.jpg

IMG_20190507_205434.jpg

Edited by wavydavy
Text colour changed to make it readable.

I understand that it might be difficult to put a price on this but the rules of this section of the forum require one so could you come up with at least a rough figure ?

Oh, and I've changed the colour of the text in your post to make it easier to see.

Edit: If you search the archived posts at UK Astro Buy & Sell you might find some guidance on what has been asked for similar kit in the past:

https://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/browse_archive.php

• Like 1

Thanks John, my mistake, I forgot to add a price. amended now...…...

Looks nice, I assume this is the non goto version?

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By widotje
      Hi all,

I've made a video on how to setup an equatorial mount.
      Hope this is useful, tips are welcome!
      https://youtu.be/clNITffWijg

• By Neil27
      2 sets of Losmandy dovetail rings for sale.
      As per the link here - http://www.losmandy.com/index.html
      These are the D series ring systems, closest I can find are these references below, mine were bought approx 8 - 9 years ago -
      DVR 108
      DVR 160
      Both in excellent condition with only minor scratches and wear marks visible. These are truly great quality pieces of equipment, ideal for mounting small defectors on top of your SCT.
      £65 ono for the pair of small rings, postage and packing included
      £75 ono for the pair of larger rings, postage and packing included
      I also have a losmandy plate for the Celestron C8, fits all Celestron 8 inch OTA's including CPC and HD scopes, unfortunately no riser blocks with the plate.
      £30 ono for the plate, postage and packing included
      Paypal and bank transfer welcome.
      Thanks for looking,
      Neil.

• By MrsGnomus
      This was bought new back in 2014. It was used for a short time in our observatory before we decided to get a Mesu 200 in late 2015. Following that, it received little use – we would occasionally get it out for visual work. Further purchases have meant that the CGEM is now not being used at all, and it is time to shift it on. 
      The CGEM is, in most respects, equivalent to an EQ6, although you should be aware that it cannot be used with EQMOD. It comes with the original tripod and a 17 lb counterweight (as shown in the photo). It comes with the 12V cigar plug power cable. 
      •    Payload Capacity: 40 lb (18.14 kg) – visual
      •    Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display
      •    40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
      I kept the original foam for storing the mount, but the original box has gone. The total weight of the package is not far short of 80 lbs. I don’t know how much it would cost to ship (or quite how I would ship it), so I think collection would be required. I don’t mind driving a reasonable distance to deliver or exchange (maybe we could meet half way).
      Note that I am also separately selling a Sky Q Link which works with this mount and enables you to control it using an IOS or Android device. 
      £580
      The mount is also for sale on UK ABS

• By 25585
      I am looking for a Losmandy D dovetail bar, long enough, and with the correct hole spacing, to attach two Takahashi clamshell clamps for holding my DL. 
      I know there are bars that are long enough for 1 clamp, but have not found any with length and drillings for 2 clamps end to end.
      UK/EU preferred, but anywhere known is welcome.
    • By Neil27
      Having a bit of a clear out.
      For sale an ADM mini dovetail system for attachment to a C8 but can be used for other telescopes, after the right mounting blocks are purchased - same as this one here  - 
      https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/adm-mini-dovetail-system-guidescope-kit.html
      Asking £75, new price as its unused - a couple of scratches when fitting to test it but never used in anger - retail is £147.

Both sold 
       Revelation Astro 8 inch losmandy plate, with all the required holes for mounting a myriad of rings and scopes - games as these ones here - 
      https://www.telescopehouse.com/revelation-7-9-inch-losmandy-style-d-plate.html
      Asking £22 for it - again unused and aside a few marks never used - retail is £32.
      Postage included in all items.
      Paypal, cheque (items posted when cleared) accepted, bank transfer etc.
      Please contact me if you have any questions.
      Clear skies,
      Neil.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.