SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi Anthony, depending on where you keep it, if you keep it in the house then half an hour to 40 minutes,

in a shed or garage, 20 minutes should be fine.

Clear Sky's.

minutes

• Like 1

My 12 inch gets around 30-40 mins from being kept inside. Your 150 should need a little less. This is for good medium to high power views. For low power, I have used the scope straight from the house and the views have been decent.

On a cold winter night the adjustment time is a little longer of course.

How cold does it get where you are?

Where I am, in winter, gets down to around 10 deg C, summer gets down to around 20 deg C

Last night was out with my club doing presentation for cubs group, local scout group, and used my 10" Dob almost straight up

John

13 hours ago, cletrac1922 said:

How cold does it get where you are?

Where I am, in winter, gets down to around 10 deg C, summer gets down to around 20 deg C

Last night was out with my club doing presentation for cubs group, local scout group, and used my 10" Dob almost straight up

John

-10C in winter is not uncommon, for summer, well, it was -2C last night :), although usually would hover around 10C over night unless particularly warm, then 18-19C

In winter I would take my rig out in daylight and spend about an hour putting everything back, balancing and so on. By which time the OTA and option will have reached ambient.