Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Marvin Jenkins

Ascom platform eqmod

Hi there. Have to say I am not tech when it comes to tech so if replying please assume I know the minimum.

I have a small newt on an NEQ5 pro synscan V5. The OTA is an Orion space probe 130st which came with a bundled set of free programmes, starry night and some ascom drivers. Since moving up to the NEQ5 mount I thought about controlling it via a lap top after buying and reading Steve Richards excellent book ‘Making every photon count’.

In the near future I was planning on moving up to a SW150 pds and experimenting with photography, with a view to learning the basics then going onto HEQ5 or above to really get good images.

My question is the programmes I have on my laptop are ASCOM drivers v6.2 and only appear to give me a small control pane with basic controls which looks nothing like the screen shot on page 154 fig15.1.

Have I got a basic version of Ascom’s platform that needs to be up dated or is EQmod something entirely different.

Marvin

Thank you Peter. Do you think I should delete the current ascom software that came bundled with my scope (Gemini, ascom profile etc etc) or will I need to keep this in addition to eqmod?

Thank you for the link also.