SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

'ello!

ScouseSpaceCadet

A long time astronomy/tech/science/computer anorak checking in! I've lurked here a while and enjoyed reading the wealth of information, as well as the nice piccies...

Finally I bought a 130p after 50 years mulling it over lol and with a first refractor (SW ST120) arriving next week, I'm hooked.

The camping gear has been dusted off, the dark sky campsites bookmarked and divorce preparations made (joke... Erm I hope!)

Hi All!

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ello yerself ?.  I had no Idea the queue to join here was 50 years long, but what the heck, you're here now and that's what matters. You will get a great deal out of signing up here, lot's of help and good advice from the guys and gals here should you need it. Enjoy your new scopes, you made good choices there.     Welcome to the SGL forums.

Best Wishes.Ron.

• Thanks 1

Thanks All.

3 hours ago, Andy R said:

Hello there. 

Where abouts are you planning to go camping then?

Andy I'm booked into my first one in three weeks. Yorkshire Dales, Bortle 4 skies.  Other places I intend to visit this year are the Lake District, Snowdonia and Bowland. All Bortle 3/4 skies. May do a couple of Astro camps funds and time allowing. Also applied for membership of the local Astro Society.

• Like 1

Nice selection of dark sites, I’m hoping to venture into Snowdonia soon myself , it’s not too far away but I need to go scope out some sites during the day first. I’ve been to look at a couple of sites over in Denbigh moors and Llanrwst, just waiting for the right night with the right weather, and a bit more experience observing. 

Wishing you clear skies. 

• Thanks 1