Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
MeyGray3833

NGC3324 and NGC3293 SHO

Finally completed my SHO version. There is some purple in the image I cannot figure out how to get rid of and I'm sick of playing with it. Hints and tips on how to get rid of it welcome, I'm using PixInsight.

https://pbase.com/grahammeyer/image/169136922

Scroll to the bottom for size options and details.

Thanks for looking!thumbsup.gif

NGC3324_SHO_NoPurple_Web.jpg

Edited by MeyGray3833
  • Like 6

Try inverting the image (the purple become green), use SCNR to reduce the green, then re-invert the image. 

Bill

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By maxchess
      This may be an artifact, but I took this shot of the Orion Constellation from the Canary Islands and it showed a small nebula around Beteleguse. Do you think this is real? The shot was taken with a dual band filter which brings out the Ha.  I initially assumed it was a camera artifact, but I took more shots with different camera positions and it was still there.  There are some on-line articles about such a nebula. My first reaction was to edit it out, but I think it might be real and only visible because Beteleguse has dimmed by over 50%.  What do you think?
      Max
    • By knobby
      Hi all, my second attempt at imaging over multiple nights, captured 60 mins Ha and a couple of 5 mins on Oiii and Sii on Christmas evening, then added more Oii and Sii on the 30th
      Total of 60 mins Ha 25 mins Sii and 30 mins Oiii
      Hubble mapped - SII,Ha,OIII = R,G,B. The Oiii data was very noisy but I'm fairly happy overall, also the ZWO Oiii filter caused a massive ring around Alnitak when stretched !

Comments welcome, I know it needs more data and I will need to learn to be more patient but the year is running out  🙂

Thanks for looking and have a good 2020.

• By B4silio
      I went to my family house in the countryside and was able to take some pictures during xmas eve.

Total exposure: 6h
      H_Alpha: ~3h (730x15s) --> R, G
      Oxigen III: ~3h (710x15s) --> B, G
      I didn't have a view on Polaris and could not spend too much time drift aligning (it was xmas eve after all :D) hence the short exposures. Moreover I dont have the proper connection rings to put my flattener on my mono camera so all stars off center are a mess :_(.
    • By mikemabel
      These are my last images of 2019 taken with my ED72 and 183mm pro to be replaced by a 533pro
      These targets are not easy due to location trees etc except M1 , there was a bright moon as well so are all lucky shots
      but at last i have taken them warts and all . My guiding was all off as well
      Anyway a merry Christmas to you all and a Happy new year 

• By AstroRuz
      As new condition ultra narrowband 1.25" Baader filter. 3.5nm bandpass for nice small stars.
      Bought and loved it, but using a DSLR again and have no use for this filter.
      £140, can post.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.