Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
MeyGray3833

NGC3324 and NGC3293 SHO

Posted (edited)

Finally completed my SHO version. There is some purple in the image I cannot figure out how to get rid of and I'm sick of playing with it. Hints and tips on how to get rid of it welcome, I'm using PixInsight.

https://pbase.com/grahammeyer/image/169136922

Scroll to the bottom for size options and details.

Thanks for looking!thumbsup.gif

NGC3324_SHO_NoPurple_Web.jpg

Edited by MeyGray3833
  • Like 6

Try inverting the image (the purple become green), use SCNR to reduce the green, then re-invert the image. 

Bill

• Like 1

Purple in the image is now fixed, thanks to Bill! I will remember that one for sure. ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GWalles
      Deneb and Sadr (Cygnus) | 50 30 second subs Dithering | 0 Darks | 0 Bias | 0 Flats Canon 650D Samyang 100mm 2.8 ED Skywatcher Adventurer Mini
    • By codeman
      NGC6559 at the center of the milkyway is a photo I created from RGB filters only and at BIN1.

Telescope: ASA 12'' F3.6
      Mount: DDM 85 Unguided
      Camera: FLI 16200 Mono
      Filters: Astrodon

Thanks for watching
      Haim Huli

My Flickr Page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/101543943@N04/
    • By eshy76
      Hi everyone,
      This has been on my hard drive for some months, so nice to have finally got round to processing it! Shot over several nights in January in my back garden.
      NGC 281, also known casually as the Pacman Nebula, is a bright emission nebula and part of an H II region in the northern constellation of Cassiopeia and is part of the Milky Way's Perseus Spiral Arm. It lies about 9,500 light years from us and is 48 light years across.
      As the final version, I've gone for a crop, which I think holds up well, though I'll include the wider fov version in the next post.
      I used a more natural colour blend for this image:
      R = 76%*Ha + 24%*SII
      G = 100%*OIII
      B = 85%*OIII + 15%*Ha
      For some reason, I was not expecting much from this image, but the result looks like it will be one of my favourites...the narrowband data was really good!
      Captured using APT, stacked using APP and processed in Pixinsight.
      5.4 hours integration time.
      Link to full details and higher res version.
      Thanks for looking!

• By MeyGray3833
      Hello Astro Peeps, I hope everyone is all good! Isn't there some amazing images on this site and others. Amateur imaging has never been so good!
      I myself have finally managed to get some data for an image, of which I am very happy. It has been so hot here it has been impossible to get any good data. One day a couple of months ago, I hung the thermometer from the grape vine under the back verandah and it was 47.5°C. Sounds far fetched, although true. I live in Adelaide, South Australia and we are 11km from the CBD and usually 1.5 degrees hotter than there!
      Anyway, I thought I'd try my hand at a Ha, OIII bi-colour image while waiting for my SII data to come in. There seems to be a halo issue with some of the filters for which I will need to do further testing so I apologise for their distracting nature. Details are with the image but basically 3hrsx15min subs for each channel.
      https://pbase.com/grahammeyer/image/169113477
      You can scroll to the bottom to choose another size or auto to fit your screen.

Happy photon collecting! ?
      Details for those that cannot see them.
      Telescope: William Optics FLT132

Guide Scope: QHY OAG

Camera: QHY9 Mono @ -20c

Filter Wheel: QHY 7 position Ultra Slim

Filters: Baader 36mm unmounted L R G B HA OIII SII

Guide Camera: QHY5L-II

Mount: AZ-EQ6

Mount Control: EQASCOM

Focusing: SharpSky Pro and Sequence Generator Pro 3 (automated)

Bahtinov Mask: No (initial focus)

Capture Software: Sequence Generator Pro 3

Guiding Software: PHD2

Calibration and Stacking Software: PixInsight

Processing Software: PixInsight

Number and Type of Data Frames: L= X min, R= x min, G= x min, B= x min

Ha= 12x15min, SII= x , OIII= 12x15min.

Binning: 1x1

Total Image Time: 6 hrs

Light Box by Exfso

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.