Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep2_banner.thumb.jpg.e37c929f88100393e885b7befec4c749.jpg

Amajed

Pinwheel Galaxy M101 LHaRGB

Hi, this is my first time using my new Esprit 100ED, my first time processing using Pixinsight, and it's my first image using a Mono + filters.

I loved them, can't wait to try on more targets.

here's the result:

spacer.png

Equipments:

SkyWatcher Esprit 100ED

SkyWatcher EQ6-R

SkyWatcher EvoGuide 50ED Guidescope

Imaging cam ZWO ASI1600MM Cool Pro

ZWO EFW

ZWO LRGB+NB 36mm filters

Guiding cam ZWO ASI290MM Mini

Seeing was avarage

Location was in a Green Zone

Exposures:

Ha 11x1800sec

L 39x300sec

R 13x300sec

G 15x300sec

B 15x300sec

Darks:

24x300sec

10x1800sec

Bias:

Thanks

• Like 6

Hi,  I know this is oldish thread but I am looking at buying a Sky-Watcher Esprit 100 ED PRO but was worried that I would need to upgrade to 2" filters. I say this because it states that when imaging this scope gives a 40mm diameter imaging circle when used with the flattener. So forgive my ignorance but does this mean I need bigger than 40mm filters. I too have only 36mm unmounted filters and filter wheel similar to you.

Nice image by the way that really makes me want to get one of these.

Steve

On 19/09/2019 at 18:40, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Hi,  I know this is oldish thread but I am looking at buying a Sky-Watcher Esprit 100 ED PRO but was worried that I would need to upgrade to 2" filters. I say this because it states that when imaging this scope gives a 40mm diameter imaging circle when used with the flattener. So forgive my ignorance but does this mean I need bigger than 40mm filters. I too have only 36mm unmounted filters and filter wheel similar to you.

Nice image by the way that really makes me want to get one of these.

Steve

Sorry it took me a long time to notice your reply, I think (and I'm not an expert) you only need to upgrade your filters when you have a large camera sensor.

the Esprit 100 ED allows you to reach 40mm (which is good) but you are not required to upgrade unless your camera sensor is huge.

• Thanks 1

No Problem @Amajed I did a bit more searching and came to the same conclusion so I am  now the proud owner of an Esprit 100 ED. Clouds not cleared yet for me to use it but I live in hope 🙂 

Steve

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kryptonite
      I'm not experienced with LRGB imaging, so thought i'd give it a go on M81. However, when i combine the 4 individually processed integrations i end up with horrible colour hues across the image - they're all aligned and wotnot. Am i running into the issues of light pollution (inside the M25), which i can only remove with aggressive DBE application?  Individual files attached.

• By kryptonite
      I've got a 5 year old desktop, which i think performs decently and does my Pixinsight processing pretty well. However, i want to change to a laptop for the form-factor, but i don't want to compromise on performance.
      This is my rig: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/27054387
      What machine do you use and how does it perform with Pixinsight? Any folk familiar with computer hardware able to provide steer on whether i'm due an upgrade?
      Looking to understand how others do their processing.
    • By Camalajs525
      Since I am very new to this, I struggle a lot. Especially when observing planets and also recently deep sky objects. My telescope is an amateur telescope and its almost 11 years old (The telescope was re used a year ago). During summer of last year I took photos of Saturn,Jupiter and a month ago took photos of Venus and Mars. About 2 days ago I stumbled upon a new thing in the sky, (Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture). It definitely was in the Orion constellation  as I had observed Betelgeuse and the 3 stars that were close to each other. After a couple of minutes later I saw 2 stars next to each other and another two which were on top of the other star, surrounding these set of stars were a blue-ish and grey-ish colour at the same time. I had done some research and many people told me it was the trapezium cluster found in Orion. I honestly don't know. Any ideas? Thanks. 
    • By chriscoles
      Hi, I have taken mono LRGB images of M51 with my new ASI1600mm-PRO.
      I have a mix of 30s, 60s, 120s subs. 100 darks, and 100 flats for each filter. About 4 hours total.
      I Used DSS for alignment and stacking, then Pixinsight for LRGB combination.
      My issue is that i'm not happy with the colours, the stars all appear white and the background is strange.
      I have attached the Aligned LRGB images.
      Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Green.TIF red.TIF Lum.TIF B.TIF
    • By stevewanstall
      Celestron 9.25 at f6.3, SW EQ6R pro, Canon 550 D modded
      The galaxy group Hickson 44 in Leo. This is based on 29 x 240 s, plus bias and flats.

Hickson 44 in Leo:

There are some other galaxies near by, some of which are names in this overlay from Astrometry.net:

Overlay from Astrometry, naming the other objects:

The main ones are NGC 3190, NGC 3185, NGC 3187 and NGC 3193. NGC 3190 has a well defined dust lane. NGC 3187 is a barred spiral galaxy with two arms. NGC 3193 is an elliptical galaxy.
      The light captured by my camera last night left these galaxies just after the extinction event killed the dinosaurs on Earth.
      From APOD: Galaxies, like stars, frequently form groups. A group of galaxies is a system containing more than two galaxies but less than the tens or hundreds typically found in a cluster of galaxies. A most notable example is the Local Group of Galaxies, which houses over 30 galaxies including our Milky Way, Andromeda, and the Magellanic Clouds. Pictured above is nearby compact group Hickson 44. This group is located about 60 million light-years away toward the constellation of Leo. Also known as the NGC 3190 Group, Hickson 44 contains several bright spiral galaxies and one bright elliptical galaxy on the upper right. The bright source on the upper left is a foreground star. Many galaxies in Hickson 44 and other compact groups are either slowly merging or gravitationally pulling each other apart.

Abell 1367
      This image is based on 19 x 300 s , plus flats and bias. It shows a LOT of galaxies, in a grouping called Abell 1367. In this image you are looking at part of one of the biggest structures in the Universe, the Great Wall.

Wikipedia:
      The Leo Cluster (Abell 1367) is a galaxy cluster about 330 million light-years distant (z = 0.022) in the constellation Leo, with at least 70 major galaxies. The galaxy known as NGC 3842 is the brightest member of this cluster. Along with the Coma Cluster, it is one of the two major clusters comprising the Coma Supercluster, which in turn is part of the CfA2 Great Wall, which is hundreds of millions light years long and is one of the largest known structures in the universe.
      The overlay from Astrometry gives some of the galaxies visible in the image.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.