Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Focus motor question

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/05/2019 at 23:01, Anthonyexmouth said:

Anyone? 

Yes I have 3 , one AF2 with temp sensor and controller  on a 200pds,  AF1130pds and another AF original little stars , yet to go on a mak 127 , can be fitted on the ed80 drop Pavle an email he will confirm this I’m sure there’s a lad on EMS forum with one on his ed80 

update

yes confined on dsd website 

https://deepskydad.com/autofocuser

Edited by bottletopburly

+1 for use with APT I have v1 without the temp sensor or handset, but works well. 

Only issue is that sometimes the driver doesn’t connect properly, but a disconnect and re connect sorts it out 

PS: fitted to my 250pds

Edited by mikeyj1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

This looks promising and cheap. I'd have thought they would have been talked about a lot more at the price. So the V2 and temp sensor is the way to go. 

They punch well above their weight , of the 3 the af2 has it all wifi ,hand controller and temp sensor optional ,not needed as you can control via a tablet /phone /pc via browser , i use via apt /eqmod route 

2 minutes ago, StarDodger said:

These were talked about a lot when they first came out, as the code in them was used from another very popular DIY controller without permission, so talked about for the wrong reasons...think it’s now been sorted... :)

Yes that's is all in the past now, all code rewritten  , driver supports ascom ,indi and all being well Indigo too ,so can be used via raspberry PI ,stellarmate route . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

Yes that's is all in the past now, all code rewritten  , driver supports ascom ,indi and all being well Indigo too ,so can be used via raspberry PI ,stellarmate route . 

That will be good, to have the choice of all those drivers.. :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

Yes that's is all in the past now, all code rewritten

Is it - that's still up for debate IMO

And  was appalling code fraud - passing code as ones own when it was clearly created by someone else's.

And they say "cheats never prosper"!

2 hours ago, stash_old said:

Is it - that's still up for debate IMO

And  was appalling code fraud - passing code as ones own when it was clearly created by someone else's.

And they say "cheats never prosper"!

Surprise surprise , still grinding that axe  , the matter is now closed I have seen the email from RB , he is satisfied  with the code matter now closed , let’s not chirp in every time someone mentions DSD .

4 hours ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

Won't need the hand control or the WiFi but the temp sensor has to be an advantage, or does it? How useful is it? 

The hand controller is handy but can be done via phone tablet , the temp sensor i have set up on my 200pds and used via APT and adjusts every 1 degree fluctuation,after 1.5 degree change you do see a slight  movement in star shape ,so i would say it is handy but you could re focus every 1.5 degree change 

2 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

The hand controller is handy but can be done via phone tablet , the temp sensor i have set up on my 200pds and used via APT and adjusts every 1 degree fluctuation,after 1.5 degree change you do see a slight  movement in star shape ,so i would say it is handy but you could re focus every 1.5 degree change 

Can apt auto focus?