Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hacking a Logitech Brio for astrophotography

ST200adz

what i'd be interested to know is can one be used as a polar alignment scope?  Thinking of getting the polemaster or iOptron iPolar but if I can get one of these to work win win :)

Soon I will  to post  my solution for polar aligning using ICX811  module  with  led illuminated nylon crosshair  on the back of the regular polar scopes.  

it's  for all  EQ mounts.  Very  performant!

Beppe

Edited by benzomobile

I've been meaning to try the 8mp one with the imx179 as i have a spare to see what its like in low light and if it can see any stars, but pretty much every night has been cloudy lately 

Hoping it can see some stars and i'll get a longer lens for it and test it out in sharp cap, really dont want to spend £300 on a polemaster :(

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ST200adz said:

I've been meaning to try the 8mp one with the imx179 as i have a spare to see what its like in low light and if it can see any stars, but pretty much every night has been cloudy lately 

Hoping it can see some stars and i'll get a longer lens for it and test it out in sharp cap, really dont want to spend £300 on a polemaster :(

I'm afraid the imx179  isn't so sensitive ....

B

Edited by benzomobile

Hi all

So i finally managed to get a clear night so I could test the Logitech Brio and shot some Moon footage :)

Please like, share and subscribe I you you feel like it 

Part 1 https://youtu.be/0aivFSC5gI4

Part 2 https://youtu.be/0OrsbMOVDbY

Thanks Adz