Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Here’s a new one...do you “pet” your scopes?

Guest chaz2b

Guest chaz2b

Yep, funny title, but be honest with me, do you take your pride and joy indoors to look over it’s fine construction, colour or even its tactile feel?

I realised that, for some items that I have in my possession, they give as much joy just admiring their construction as well as their performance.

one item in particular, is my collection of filters....yeah ok, laugh if you must. But like people who collect and admire stamps, the colours and precision captures my imagination, I also get this from computer motherboards, strange affliction that I have.

But there you are, so what’s lurking nearby you that you keep glancing at it? whilst your partner gives you the occasional glare of secret jealousy.

chaz

The severity of these opti/mechanical fetish episodes will decrease slowly with age and over time, be sure to take all prescribed medications until completely gone and don't tell the wife or girlfriend about this untill you are both very much older...

Best of Luck and Clear Skies of course ?

Freddie...

I do occasionally bring a scope indoors to give it a clean and polish, and admire the optics in the process. I am creating a study room and my lovely anodised orange refractor will be on show in the bookcase when not in use, it may get the occasional stoke ! :) 

Guest chaz2b
1 hour ago, RobertI said:

I do occasionally bring a scope indoors to give it a clean and polish, and admire the optics in the process. I am creating a study room and my lovely anodised orange refractor will be on show in the bookcase when not in use, it may get the occasional stoke ! :) 

Now that’s what I like to hear, real admiration for .....ay! Hang on...did you say stoke? Wash your mouth out with isopropyl this instance, well ,some people go beyond what I would call a fetish! ?

stroke it man...stroke it.?

chaz

5 hours ago, chaz2b said:

Now that’s what I like to hear, real admiration for .....ay! Hang on...did you say stoke? Wash your mouth out with isopropyl this instance, well ,some people go beyond what I would call a fetish! ?

stroke it man...stroke it.?

chaz

?? Oops! I could get banned from SGL for saying such things! Of course, I meant ‘stroke’, curse this tiny keyboard! 

My scope comes indoors sometimes as well when there is a lengthy period of rain and I store it by the side of the bed, much to the amusement of my wife. While it`s there I do pass the odd admiring glance to it. ( the scope that is, not my wife!)