Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep9_banner.thumb.jpg.05c1bdd298547fd225896a3d99c9bc17.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
orionoffelt

HaLRGB image of M 101

I managed to get 6 x 900 binned 2 x 2 subs of Ha data on Thursday night on M 101 I added this to my LRGB data from last month to create a HaLRGB image I think this has helped.

WO 90 scope

QHY9m camera

Bob 

CV_M 101 HaLRGB+1.JPG

• Like 4

Great combination and image!

Is there a bit of green lurking in it all?

Could just be my laptop so please ignore if it looks fine in yours ?

I really like the small galaxy down on the right at about 4 o'clock - reminds you of you what you're looking at - the depths of our universe

David

It is nice result but your image is green and yellow ! It is easy to remove it with Photoshop.  

Thanks for the feedback after processing for a while I tend to get a bit colour blind I usually give the final image a run in pixinsight and run the SNCR tool which usually fixes the green tinge I didn’t bother on this occasion it’s an age thing I will give it a run through later and see how it turns out.

Bob

1 hour ago, orionoffelt said:

Thanks for the feedback after processing for a while I tend to get a bit colour blind I usually give the final image a run in pixinsight and run the SNCR tool which usually fixes the green tinge I didn’t bother on this occasion it’s an age thing I will give it a run through later and see how it turns out.

Bob

Look forward to seeing the results ? great image will be made even better

I have run the image through pixinsight and applied the scnr tool to remove the green tinge it does look a bit better I will try and remember to do it in future most times I think on but not this time.

Bob

CV_M 101 HaLRGB+1+scnr.JPG