Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

H130 on a few galaxies

jetstream

The H130 was the pick for a quick session under some nicely clear skies tonight and once again gave some excellent views. Using the 24 ES 68 the Leo Triplet, all three members were bright streaks and upping the mag with the 12.5mm Tak ortho gave an even better view. M51 same deal, this pair showed their surrounding glow and the Tak pulled some more out. The faint M101 presented itself, the hazy patch that it is in this scope.

The finale was Virgo... this diminutive telescope will show so many galaxies here it never ceases to amaze me!

Using this quick to set up H130 is a delight and offers me some time to ponder how I'm going to get the 75lb 24"mirror in the new dobs mirror box by myself lol!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jetstream said:

The H130 was the pick for a quick session under some nicely clear skies tonight and once again gave some excellent views. Using the 24 ES 68 the Leo Triplet, all three members were bright streaks and upping the mag with the 12.5mm Tak ortho gave an even better view. M51 same deal, this pair showed their surrounding glow and the Tak pulled some more out. The faint M101 presented itself, the hazy patch that it is in this scope.

The finale was Virgo... this diminutive telescope will show so many galaxies here it never ceases to amaze me!

Using this quick to set up H130 is a delight and offers me some time to ponder how I'm going to get the 75lb 24"mirror in the new dobs mirror box by myself lol!

Nice report, good luck with your mirror!

• Like 1