Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Grant

SGL 2019 SP - Bookings Open!

Recommended Posts

I think that would be good Will, as I'd like to learn the basics and be shown how to set up something simple that can at least be used in all weathers, made up of baked bean tins and string!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 for some Radio astronomy workshop / talks from me as well.

I'd also like some Pixinsight workshops - pretty please :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent, yes, a simple beginners guide to radio astronomy that you can attempt at home with a baked bean can, a ball of string and some sticky back plastic to produce an image that shows the event horizon a little more clearly is what I’m after!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grant said:

 

I'd also like some Pixinsight workshops - pretty please :)

+1 for Pixinsight please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like a spectroscopy session if possible 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have some experience of Radio Astronomy from my Uni days, would be very interested if you're doing a talk on it :) I would love to try it out again one day

Edited by SimonS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would of course be most willing to run an astrology workshop, as everyone knows that astronomy and astrology are the same thing. 🤪🤪🤪

*Ducks and runs*

  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lulu57 said:

I would of course be most willing to run an astrology workshop, as everyone knows that astronomy and astrology are the same thing. 🤪🤪🤪

*Ducks and runs*

Get yourself a little tent and a crystal ball and you could do some fortune telling :grin:

Dave

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chances are even the crystal ball would just be cloudy.....!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cross my palm with a bottle of Prosecco and I'll be happy to provide the future vision of your choice! 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Booked Thursday to Thursday. Hopefully the scope will actually get some use this year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not entirely unlikely that I might be there for the weekend, although I do not have any of my astro kit any more. The best I have is my stablised binos :) (Its been a while)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SteveL said:

Its not entirely unlikely that I might be there for the weekend, although I do not have any of my astro kit any more. The best I have is my stablised binos :) (Its been a while)

 :hello2::hello2:

<Helen adds extra chocolate cake to the packing list 😋>

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteveL said:

Its not entirely unlikely that I might be there for the weekend, although I do not have any of my astro kit any more. The best I have is my stablised binos :) (Its been a while)

Steve it would be good to see you again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sadly date does not fit for me so will have to wait for next year 😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hurrah, I've finally had a green card issued, have had the time off approved by work and have booked up for Fri - Sun.

However, I have had to promise my wife a SPECTACULAR meal out when I get back as her birthday is on the Saturday and camping at Lucksall didn't seem to feature in her birthday plans..

At least I have plenty of time to plan and get something booked.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Ade

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent Ade. Look forward to seeing you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, AdeKing said:

I have had to promise my wife a SPECTACULAR meal out when I get back

I can highly recommend the Big Daddy Box Meal at KFC, it really is something special...!! Look forward to seeing you at the party.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AdeKing said:

Hurrah, I've finally had a green card issued, have had the time off approved by work and have booked up for Fri - Sun.

However, I have had to promise my wife a SPECTACULAR meal out when I get back as her birthday is on the Saturday and camping at Lucksall didn't seem to feature in her birthday plans..

At least I have plenty of time to plan and get something booked.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Ade

Yes Ade great to see again. I can recommend a nice pub at Bradford on Avon not too far to travel on your way back 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AdeKing said:

Hurrah, I've finally had a green card issued, have had the time off approved by work and have booked up for Fri - Sun.

However, I have had to promise my wife a SPECTACULAR meal out when I get back as her birthday is on the Saturday and camping at Lucksall didn't seem to feature in her birthday plans..

At least I have plenty of time to plan and get something booked.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Ade

Excellent. Look forward to seeing you there 👍👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ally8446 said:

Excellent. Look forward to seeing you there 👍👍

You too Ally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be good to see you Ade, haven't actually got around to booking yet must do later.

Let's hope we get some Sun at least.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stu said:

Excellent Ade. Look forward to seeing you.

Thanks Stu, it'll be great to see you again.

6 hours ago, PhotoGav said:

I can highly recommend the Big Daddy Box Meal at KFC, it really is something special...!! Look forward to seeing you at the party.

Thanks Gav, I'll keep your suggestion under my hat for a while just in case the green card gets revoked. 

Look forward to seeing you again.

5 hours ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

Yes Ade great to see again. I can recommend a nice pub at Bradford on Avon not too far to travel on your way back 😉

Thanks for the suggestion mark, I think I might know just the pub you mean 😉.  Be good to see you again.

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

Be good to see you Ade, haven't actually got around to booking yet must do later.

Let's hope we get some Sun at least.

I'll remember to pack the inflatable raft as an exit plan this year 😉.  Fingers crossed for good weather and lots of observing time.

It'll be nice to see you again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you atill have the 4" f11 Ade?

It'll be odd to see it again but fun nonetheless!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.