Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Need some advice as a beginner

I'm new here, new on this forum and new in the astronomy world. I don't know much about it yet so:

I've just bought the bresser skylux 70/700 telescope. I would like to start with astrophotography. I myself have a Nikon coolpix s2800. I don't think I can do much in this world with this camera. I don't think my phone (HTC One m9) can do much either. So my question is what camera would be good for astrophotography with the telescope I have? And what other things do I need for astro photography next to a camera, a telescope and a T-ring? I would like to photograph planets and deep space (if possible, but I have seen some videos online so I guess it is). I don't want to spend a lot more than €250, it doesn't have to be that good. I just want to try it out as a beginner. I don't mind if it is a second hand camera so if you think there are second hand cameras of this price it's fine too. If you have other tips, they are welcome too of course.

Thanks.

Hi hi,

from google I found it is F10 scope on a simple mount.

It will be Very challenging to do any DSO imaging with it... Maybe, you can try to catch a small part of Orion Nebula with short exposures... That's all.

As per Planets, - you can give a try...

You will need a high speed camera something like ZWO ASI224MC (which also needs ZWO UV filter sold separately).

With cam like this, you will need to record short videos of the planets like Jupiter or Saturn on around 200 Frames per second and later stack best of them...

It will be quite challenging also, as Planets will drift from your Field of View quite fast, so you will need to readjust the mount constantly.

Welcome

You might already own a webcam which you try on the planets and Moon.

As the Earth is rotating on a static mount you are limited to very short exposures and with your telescope on DSO that's fraction of a second exposure length which isn't enough really.

However there are imaging opportunities using a DSLR second hand could pick up a Canon 1100d pretty cheaply (canon is well supported astro wise) then wide field star fields or star trails. Could also look for a motorised equatorial mount second hand, eq3-2 or above which would get you longer exposure length. 

Read up more before spending so you get what works best for you.