SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

April's full pink moon in colour

Vicki Pink

Some months back I asked on here how to create a colour moon. Well, months later and I'm finally getting it ? This was processed in Photoshop and its a 6 panel mosaic captured in SharpCap Pro with an Altair GpCam2 290c and Skywatcher 130P AZ GOTO 

Screenshot_20190425_165017.jpg

Edited by Vicki Pink
Put another image on
  • Like 14

Vicki - thats looks so 3d I could almost lift it off the screen.  The colour and detail is great, well worth the effort.  The panels are seemlessly joined.  It looks like it could even take a little bit more sharpening too.  Fab.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Vicki - thats looks so 3d I could almost lift it off the screen.  The colour and detail is great, well worth the effort.  The panels are seemlessly joined.  It looks like it could even take a little bit more sharpening too.  Fab.

I completely agree.

James

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Thankyou, I'm really pleased with it! I've sharpened a little more and updated the pic ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, groberts said:

That's excellent - so how do you create a colour moon please?

Thank you. You need to capture in raw mode. My camera makes my image have a yellow/green tinge so I need to neutralizer that and create a luminosity layer. Then I select my background image and select auto colour and then I increase the saturation slowly until I see the colours starting to appear. I still have to combat some yellow/green hues in some areas but that easy enough to do. Then I flatten image and the layers combine. I also increase the vibrance a little. It's a slow and gradual process to tease out the colours and balance but it's getting a lot easier with practice ?