SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC2903 in Leo

drjolo

I imaged this nice barred spiral galaxy already 6 years ago with budget 6" newtonian, and it was one of my spring targets for 2019. I managed to gather luminance at the beginning of April, but then I needed to wait three more weeks to collect RGB channels, and unfortunately Moon was already present then :(  All photons collected in my suburban astro shed (NELM about 5-5.5mag at zenith). 

Meade ACF 10", CCDT67, QHY163M, EQ6,  LRGB 290:40:30:30x60 seconds (gain 100), seeing moderate, transparency good. LRGB version and luminance channel only.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by drjolo
  • Like 28

Thanks! I added L channel only to the first post as well. I need to wait for a really good transparency to record some fainter areas under my suburban sky. It is usually about dozen nights over year when sky becomes that clear and NELM is at 5-5.5mag level. 

Thanks Olly, I am not devoted to this blue, spiral galaxies (especially active ones) have some youngsters that are blue and hot, but actually at my image it may be exaggerated. I looked and found this image from HST, and it actually looks less cyan:

spacer.png