Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Droogie 2001

COMPLETED - COMPLETED - Celestron AVX - Hypertuned for sale

Posted (edited)

I am selling my Dark Frame hyper-tuned AVX mount since I have upgraded to a mount which has a larger payload capacity.

Purchased from FLO in 2014 this was my first equatorial mount. Having learned from the many different methods in which it can be aligned, All Star Polar Alignment, 1,2 or 3 Star Alignment I eventually managed to achieve 25 minute guided subs.
This was from a combination of using a short refractor with an OAG and hyper-tuning.
Other setups may vary but I was impressed that I managed to achieve that sort of guiding time from the AVX.

It has a few marks and scratches due to wear and tear and a minor indentation on the tripod where the eyepiece holder contacts the mount leg. This is not visible when fully assembled but thought it better to mention it, otherwise the rest of the mount is in excellent condition.
I am also leaving the QHY Polemaster adapter and cap attached. This will save anyone having to buy an adapter if they already have a Polemaster or alternatively only having to buy a camera.

You will be getting:

Mount
Tripod
Hand Controller
Polemaster Adapter
x1 5KG Counterweight and bar
RS232 computer serial cable
Mount power cable with cigar style adapter
Original User Manual

Unfortunately, I no longer have the box so collection would be required however as seen in the pictures I will include a flight case that I used to transport the mount head.
This is reluctant sale of a superbly performing mount.
Location is in Surrey.  

Price is £530 or nearest offer.

thumbnail_IMG_0008.thumb.jpg.188305205b339396b72913c6df26bd6b.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0006.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0012.jpg

AVX Manual.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0011.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0010.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0009.jpg

Edited by Droogie 2001