SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

I normally blend at around 50% in layers in the red channel.  Then re-combine the channels.

Or blend at 100% and blend mode lighten in the red channel.

I normally experiment to see which has the best effect. 

Carole 

24 minutes ago, astro mick said:

Hi

When adding Ha data to the Red Channel in Photo-shop, should i be changing the blending mode,or leave it at normal?

Appreciate any help.

Mick.

Assuming that you have stretched both the Ha and Red channel, then you first need to blackclip the Ha slightly, this will minimize the impact of a red cast and colour imbalance. 

In terms of blending, I normally use the PS Screen Blending mode but I only blend a fraction of the Ha (eg 10 - 50%) depending on the target. For some targets, I also use the PS lighten blending mode.  

When you've decided on what percentage you want to combine at I'd also suggest you check the composite blended image for any clipping, eg excessive red - just roll the information pointer around and look for anything close to 255. If you find something near this value I'd suggest reducing the Ha in this region via a mask.

Alan