SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eqmod and Poth help please.

Prolifics

They look right - at least should be in the right place.

So long as the rest of Cywin is there then its back to permissions problem - most likely corrupt if you say you have started ASPS as administrator.  If you are very familiar/confident in changing permissions I would not attempt any changes.

in c:\users\Master PC\AppData\Local\Astrometry\temp folder you should find a file called "stars" this is the log file normally displayed by ASPS (and other platesolve sofware that uses Astrometry ) - see if that exists - what is the date/time (it should correspond to your last ASPS attempt) and if it contains anything - first line should be "Reading input blah blah".

If the file does not exist then you need to get a local IT mate round as its a lot of investigating to sort this sort of problem - especially remotely. And as per permissions you could ask him/her to look at those too.

• Like 1

Side note as I don’t think it’s been mentioned: if you’re having to run things as administrator you’re going to have issues. There’s no need to run or install anything as administrator. It just creates more problems than it solves as things NOT running as (v.loosely speaking) administrator generally can’t talk to things that are & vice-versa, and you end up creating default profiles & sockets that can’t be updated by non-admin users etc.

Edited by Marci
  • Like 1

This thread is amazing, they will help you get your kit working if you stick at it.

The amount of help provided to newbies is way beyond anything I have seen elsewhere, just amazing - there I said it again.

• Like 1

On 30/04/2019 at 16:56, stash_old said:

They look right - at least should be in the right place.

So long as the rest of Cywin is there then its back to permissions problem - most likely corrupt if you say you have started ASPS as administrator.  If you are very familiar/confident in changing permissions I would not attempt any changes.

in c:\users\Master PC\AppData\Local\Astrometry\temp folder you should find a file called "stars" this is the log file normally displayed by ASPS (and other platesolve sofware that uses Astrometry ) - see if that exists - what is the date/time (it should correspond to your last ASPS attempt) and if it contains anything - first line should be "Reading input blah blah".

If the file does not exist then you need to get a local IT mate round as its a lot of investigating to sort this sort of problem - especially remotely. And as per permissions you could ask him/her to look at those too.

I do have this file. Just one file in the temp dir called Stars.fit. I opened it with notepad++ and screen captured it below.

ASPS works on my laptop with the same images i am using here as I am sharing folders from my main pc to laptop.

Problem is I want to do all my imaging via PC.

Thank you for all the suggestions and help.

image.thumb.png.f37f7486762a373bc5a0e55b6784850f.png

• Thanks 1

Ok the ASPS Plate solving is now working had to sepend the whole day reinstalling windows 10 and setting everything up again :)

Something to do with permissions which i couldnt fix. Partly to do with a corrupted file system.

Thanks for all the help guys! 

• Like 1