Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Prolifics

Eqmod and Poth help please.

I have not tried it yet but there appears to be a first rate step by step guide that even an idiot like me understands. Try it, it has Stellarium and CDC step by step "Lightvortexastronomy " and the whole EQmod stepup with links to all software.

Alan

3 hours ago, artem said:

And David,

Yoi did also write " ASPS " does not work or solve ?

From yoir profile, I see that you indicate to have " TS-Optics Photoline 107mm f/6.5 Triplet FPL53 APO with 3" Dual Speed Rack & Pinion CNC Focuser  + ZWO ASI1600MM-PRO COOLED Deep Sky Imaging Camera "

And when you insert the specfications of your telescop + CCD in ASPS; you will see hat you need to install the iNDEXES highlighted as yellow..

Once you did install those, then plate solving should work " if you use a picture taken with the setup you have "

It works for me, every time I solve an Image I did take with my setup. ( FOV ) and I only use ASPS..

Good liuck

Martin

image.png.488fe9fa0c11b9fd0716fd65779e43e9.png

I get log file can't be created spent 3 days on that also with the author and APT admin they both gave up. Something to do with access violation to .dll files. I can still use the platesolve 2 though and use SGP and upload the picture there and blind solve to get the RA dec to input back in APT to non blind solve :)

I will let you know when I get it all connected again. Have an old friend visiting :)

Thank you for all your expertise and patience.

Regards David

In APT SETTINGS >PLANETARIUM> choose your planetarium software  , i thought asps only used with goto ++ in APT

12 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

In APT SETTINGS >PLANETARIUM> choose your planetarium software  , i thought asps only used with goto ++ in APT

Clicking "Blind" uses ASPS in APT plus I think you can tick a box to say use ASPS all the time in APT settings - so not just  for GOTO++

• Like 1

I have reinstalled everything. I have connected to my mount in pc mode on the remote via Eqmod in Stellarium Scope. When I try to connect to APT scope is just says disconnected and wont connect. Choosing same driver as in Stellarium scope.

I can either connect to stellariumscope or APT but not both at the same time.

Edited by Prolifics

I have some progress. This is what I have achieved.

1 Start up Eqascom Toolbox and selected and configured driver and connected. EQmod control panel shows and im able to slew, park and unpark etc.

2 Start Stellarium Scope write config files and connect OK with my mount.

3 Loaded up Stellarium and it slews to centered target with Ctrl+1 correctly.

4 Load up APT and select scope but does not connect just says disconnected. if i go to properties my Eqmod config window opens fine and everything looks ok.

• Thanks 1

Further progress. It seems some things need to be started in a certain order. Also running as admin on APT stops it from connecting :) Also running Stellarium Scope as admin won't connect after the first time always returns an error. Found this out by chance.

1 Start up Eqascom Toolbox and selected and configured driver and connected. EQmod control panel shows and im able to slew, park and unpark etc.

2 connect to APT and connect scope Success

3 Startup Stellarium Scope and connect Success

4 Star Stellarium all working Success.

Now to check other stuff out :) Sometimes its good to take a break and come back next day with a fresh head.

I appreciate all your inputs and help. It gave me the moral to continue trying things. I will post next find here...

My advice is to ditch the hand controller, invest in a eqdirect cable such as the lynx make from FLO  less clutter the better.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Prolifics said:

Further progress. It seems some things need to be started in a certain order. Also running as admin on APT stops it from connecting :) Also running Stellarium Scope as admin won't connect after the first time always returns an error. Found this out by chance.

2 connect to APT and connect scope Success

3 Startup Stellarium Scope and connect Success

4 Star Stellarium all working Success.

Now to check other stuff out :) Sometimes its good to take a break and come back next day with a fresh head.

I appreciate all your inputs and help. It gave me the moral to continue trying things. I will post next find here...

If that works for you do it - no point it doing it any other way ,for now.

"if it's not broke dont fix it"

Glad its working. ?

• Like 1

I have also on top of this added SGP and that indeed connects to scope fine :)

Problems I have still.

1) Slew in APT using arrow keys is super slow not usable even if i change slew settings or even comes up with slew error!
I don't really need this as I can use the ascom arrow keys on mode 4 which is set to 800 and works fine. However if I use goto in APT to a set location, Object or coordinate it slews perfect :)

2) Blind plate solve will not work for me in APT (ASPS) but platesolve 2 does but needs rough coordinates to be able to solve.
The are three ways I found around this.

2a) Take RA and Dec off of Stellarium from target if synched.
2b) upload a shoot picture in APT and upload it to Astrometry.net and get the results and add them to APT.
3c) MY favourite way. Take a Capture of stars in APT open in SGP and blind solve (which works) and put coords in apt and normal solve.

I have spent days trying to get ASPS working in APT. Extensive communication with author of program along with Admins on APT forums. They all gave up!
I seem to have a .dll violation error that can't be fixed even by a reinstall. I have tried everything under the sun (forgive the pun) to get it to work. But open to suggestions.
The actual error is log file can't be created..

Kindest regards David

Edited by Prolifics

4 hours ago, Prolifics said:

I have also on top of this added SGP and that indeed connects to scope fine :)

Problems I have still.

1) Slew in APT using arrow keys is super slow not usable even if i change slew settings or even comes up with slew error!
I don't really need this as I can use the ascom arrow keys on mode 4 which is set to 800 and works fine. However if I use goto in APT to a set location, Object or coordinate it slews perfect :)

2) Blind plate solve will not work for me in APT (ASPS) but platesolve 2 does but needs rough coordinates to be able to solve.
The are three ways I found around this.

2a) Take RA and Dec off of Stellarium from target if synched.
2b) upload a shoot picture in APT and upload it to Astrometry.net and get the results and add them to APT.
3c) MY favourite way. Take a Capture of stars in APT open in SGP and blind solve (which works) and put coords in apt and normal solve.

I have spent days trying to get ASPS working in APT. Extensive communication with author of program along with Admins on APT forums. They all gave up!
I seem to have a .dll violation error that can't be fixed even by a reinstall. I have tried everything under the sun (forgive the pun) to get it to work. But open to suggestions.
The actual error is log file can't be created..

Kindest regards David

You have got ASPS site location and time zone set up in the parameters ?

Assuming you have set up the Indexes/FOV correctly what happens when you run ASPS by itself - NOT FROM APT - does it work -  Just browse for your image file  and click Platesolve button. A log is created

Plus Windows permissions this will cause no end of problems - where did you put ASPS and the Index's ?

Edited by stash_old
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stash_old said:

You have got ASPS site location and time zone set up in the parameters ?

Assuming you have set up the Indexes/FOV correctly what happens when you run ASPS by itself - NOT FROM APT - does it work -  Just browse for your image file  and click Platesolve button. A log is created

Plus Windows permissions this will cause no end of problems - where did you put ASPS and the Index's ?

Hi yes I have time and location set correctly.

If I run ASPS alone it says unable to create log file error box.

ASPS is installed to default location program files (x86) I have also tried installing it elsewhere. However when i first run it after installation it reports error that file needs to be elevated error.

Picture here..

image.thumb.png.e78bc2c08f051d493b4c5fa4869e588f.png

Regards David

Edited by Prolifics

1 hour ago, Prolifics said:

ASPS is installed to default location program files (x86) I have also tried installing it elsewhere. However when i first run it after installation it reports error that file needs to be elevated error.

Picture here..

Regards David

daft question, have you input your scope lenthand camera micron size i asps 

1 hour ago, Prolifics said:

Picture here..

Regards David

Are you sure that you installed ASPS correctly - it is a weird install in that its in 2 parts - the simple ASPS main program and then it goes away and hides while it downloads Index's and Astrometry.net files. I have been caught out thinking it has finished when in fact it hadn't - leaving the Astro.net files up in the air (corrupt). Do you have a fast broadband and did you notice it do the second part correctly ?

Hi no 2nd part. I just ran it on my laptop and it runs fine :)

Problem seems to be in the installation prcoess on the PC.

I just uninstalled deleted all files from locations and cleaned registry. Reinstalled it. Waited 2 minutes then started it up and it asked me to build an index file which it didnt before. However still dosnt work :)

Edited by Prolifics
  • Sad 1

Hi David,

Try this with your ASPS.

Try to RUN the ASPS as ADMINSTRATOR.. 

Klick on ASPS ICON and then with your Mouse LEFT BUTTON and then RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR and then try to solve the image you have. you need to perform this action only once, once SOLVING works and also the LOG-FILE

is created, you can start to use ASPS normally " not as ADMIN "

Try it please..

And please do not forget to install the INDEX FILES for your FoV..

Good luck

Martin

spacer.png

On 24/04/2019 at 21:20, Prolifics said:

I just uninstalled deleted all files from locations and cleaned registry. Reinstalled it. Waited 2 minutes then started it up and it asked me to build an index file which it didnt before. However still dosnt work :)

Sorry for being blunt but making a statement "However sill doesn't work" does not help a lot to find the problem - How about some info - ASPS Log file for example and or screen print of any errors ? 

Plus post the image you are trying to solve , Scope and Camera details so we may try and Platesolve the image ?

• Like 1

On 25/04/2019 at 08:03, artem said:

Hi David,

Try this with your ASPS.

Try to RUN the ASPS as ADMINSTRATOR.. 

Klick on ASPS ICON and then with your Mouse LEFT BUTTON and then RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR and then try to solve the image you have. you need to perform this action only once, once SOLVING works and also the LOG-FILE

is created, you can start to use ASPS normally " not as ADMIN "

Try it please..

And please do not forget to install the INDEX FILES for your FoV..

Good luck

Martin

spacer.png

Thanks for the advice but already tried that.

On 26/04/2019 at 10:11, stash_old said:

Sorry for being blunt but making a statement "However sill doesn't work" does not help a lot to find the problem - How about some info - ASPS Log file for example and or screen print of any errors ? 

Plus post the image you are trying to solve , Scope and Camera details so we may try and Platesolve the image ?

Hi I already posted above the same error screenshot I was getting. I have looked int he platesolv directory and appdata directory and not found any .log files. I don't think it's creating one thats part of the problem unless you know where I can find it :)

Here is a screenshot of the error again run as admininistrator.

image.thumb.png.8498b35f338e4c895cae7bdd14522bc3.png

Edited by Prolifics

Please use the folder search facility to find any files starting "index-*" - exclude quotes. Then post the the directory structure for the file(s) on SGL - they should all be in the same directory.  You might get something like "C:\cygwin\usr\share\astrometry\data" but dont worry if its in another place.

You may also have to tick "show hidden files" as they maybe under "APPDATA" which is normally hidden from users by default.

18 hours ago, stash_old said:

Please use the folder search facility to find any files starting "index-*" - exclude quotes. Then post the the directory structure for the file(s) on SGL - they should all be in the same directory.  You might get something like "C:\cygwin\usr\share\astrometry\data" but dont worry if its in another place.

You may also have to tick "show hidden files" as they maybe under "APPDATA" which is normally hidden from users by default.

Thanks for that but search on my ? drive comes up with over 8000 results shall I sort by date and scroll backwards from newest?

Edited by Prolifics

1 minute ago, Prolifics said:

Thanks for that but search on my ? drive comes up with over 8000 results shall I sort by date and scroll backwards from newest?

Then just change the index-* to be more specific e.g. index-4206 or whatever ASPA index wizard suggested (and hopefully loaded). If you get 8000 then you are on real trouble ?

19 hours ago, stash_old said:

I think I found them.

image.thumb.png.03ad4cd78fa45f027f531d67a8b3ca12.png